• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Strelok!

sckyle2

Jun 9, 2007
My name is Basso - I am a Strelok. From this game I am learning -

the best weapons i have are my feet.

just keep moving - just keep moving

head down - head down
there's random bullets flying around.

if you stop in the open you WILL get shot.

i like the crouched sprint. just be careful you don't get winded at the wrong moment.

used well, my rifle is an excellent weapon - but it has limits in the auto- and semi- auto fire battlefield. i think three or four Strelok together make a formidable force.

artillery on the spawn zone is a terrible experience!

friendly tanks are your buddies. moving behind them gives cover and dust. don't stay too close if he's knocked out - the guy who did it is still there.

i choose the rifle every time. sometimes the semi-auto if its plentiful. i'll pick up the german smg before the russian.

the sound of the german mg as distinct from the russian. green is go - yellow watch out.

i hate riding in vehicles - but you have to do it at game start. after that i'd rather stay on foot. those things get blown up a lot.

i don't drive unless alone. i'll jump into the mg slot if no one else will.

when something blows up - get away from it.

coordination between armor and infantry is a beautiful thing

any coordination is a beautiful thing. give me an order.

live long and prosper. let the glory boys with the smg's and grenades do their thing. the motherland can replace more of them if you stay alive. its more bang for the buck when a new spawn is assault trooper or tank commander. don't waste your spawns except for the last mad dash.

i'm still learning these things, but i'm curious what things other Strelok out there have learned.

...the best weapons i have are my feet...
Feet are nice but your best weapon is your head. Keep aware of what's going on around you by sight, sound, chat, and text. Listen for death screams and the amount and type of gunfire. With practice you'll know where and when your support is needed before the call goes out.

...just keep moving - just keep moving...
...if you stop in the open you WILL get shot...
...i like the crouched sprint. just be careful you don't get winded at the wrong moment...
Good plan. Sprint from cover to cover but try keep a reserve of stamina for emergencies.

i think three or four Strelok together make a formidable force.
Damn straight!

i hate riding in vehicles - but you have to do it at game start. after that i'd rather stay on foot. those things get blown up a lot.
I feel much the same way. Riding is certainly quicker and easier than walking but those things get blown up a lot. Also, many drivers head straight into an enemy strongpoint and bail out. Jumping out of a transport into the middle of an SMG firefight is NOT fun for a rifleman. Well, maybe fun but certainly not conducive to a long life.

coordination between armor and infantry is a beautiful thing
Absolutely. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time babysitting a tank on the edge of the battlefield...until I nail that enemy anti-tank soldier before they can hurt my tank. Yes, MY tank. He's my big armored buddy that smites the murderous heathen with an iron fist. That makes him mine. :D

Upvote 0
lol i can't believe you guys are taking this thread seriously

Which takes more skill, one shot kill with a rifle and/or having to hit someone multiple times with a smg? bleh bleh

Answer for me = smg
Nobody said anything about what takes more skill. We're just talking about the pros and cons of fighting with a rifle. If that's not your style you can always start a thread about fighting with SMGs.

Upvote 0
lol i can't believe you guys are taking this thread seriously

Which takes more skill, one shot kill with a rifle and/or having to hit someone multiple times with a smg? bleh bleh

Answer for me = smg
i don't really care if its not taken seriously. so what. i like the challenge of playing with a rifle. you like the smg. great. that's the genius of the game - everyone can enjoy it on their own terms.

it's not about which has more skill. i use the rifle because i haven't gotten the hang of effectively using the smg. me with a smg is a waste of resources that someone else will use with more skill - and my side will win.

i believe a well-trained and led team of 3 or 4 strelok can be very successful in the game. even more if they can team up with an mg.

what is the russian phrase for c'est le 'guerre?

c u on the battlefield

Upvote 0