• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniper Class Suggestions (uniforms ect)

So what were you talking about realism few posts before? HUUUUH

Because it's a game not real life & there's a difference between real life & realism. Otherwise we'd only play the game once till we died.
By the way i've just read a book called D-Day with the Screaming Eagles, about the US airbourne drops on D-Day & EVERY platoon dropped talks about enemy snipers. No waiting in swamps. No days doing nothing but waiting for a specific target. No pooing in plastic bags. Just sniping at the enemy at every opportunity.
Snipers are part of war used everyday & not just a special Holywood guy used to impress small boys. get used to them & get over it coz they'll always be there & the more you whinge about them the more you prove they work.

Upvote 0
I just hate the stuff you get on servers "The sniper is a n00b, he's not doing his job, we're going to lose because of him!"

from my experience this is true in about 75% of the games. If you got only a semi decent scope on one side its going to dominate, up to totaly closing down an objective with only a little support.
So yes, the "n00b sniper" crawling out of spawn only to get killed around the next corner by the enemy sniper is not doing his job and quite possibly the reason his team is losing.

Upvote 0
Adding the black sides to the scope/complete blackout would really make sniper more realistic and chalenging.

I don't close one eye when using a scope, and on most scopes (except for russian pso scopes with rubber eye caps ect) your eye is not right on the scope, you are a few inches away from it which gives you a field of view around the scope as well.

Upvote 0
Adding the black sides to the scope/complete blackout would really make sniper more realistic and chalenging.

Realistic? You're kidding right? When using a scoped weapon there is no need to actually press the scope right against your eye, as TrentA also pointed out, in fact most snipers do not do this at all, thus you will retain much of your peripheral vision albeit somewhat unfocused. The current scope system IS accurate, unlike most FPS games which use a blackout; this is usually done out of laziness on the developers part, it means that nothing extra need be created around the scope (i.e the weapon itself, player hands etc), TW chose to present an authentic rendition, and in my opinion they did a good job of it.

Upvote 0