• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
To be honest your fanboyism in this thread is starting to do my tits in, i dont mind you talking about the game and contradicting others post but when you constantly post things like: 'Its a beta' 'RO was crap when it was first released' it grows tiresome. I don't mind you posting your opinions and its nothing personal just your making your self look like a tit throughout this thread.

Dude

Ive never said RO was crap

Its a brilliant game

But to be honest with ya m8, it IS in beta and when RO was in its first stages IT needed work

I seem to have offended you by saying the words, 'remember when RO was first released'

Maybe its YOU who is the fanboy ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dude

Ive never said RO was crap

Its a brilliant game

But to be honest with ya m8, it IS in beta and when RO was in its first stages IT needed work

I seem to have offended you by saying the words, 'remember when RO was first released'

Maybe its YOU who is the fanboy ;)

you clearly haven't read my post or i haven't explained it properly, so ill just leave it.

Upvote 0
The ranges are very close for the most part, and yes the hit boxes are a bit rough on the edges. They need refined and such and I believe the devs have said before that they are aware they need some work. But watching the death animations just makes me forget all about that :D

With the first patch coming out, just fixing or addressing the TK issues and stability problems for servers, the game will be that much better. IMO, there aren't really any huge, glaring gameplay bugs besides maybe the scoring system being borked. Most things are of such a nature that I look at them as a WIP since this is only a first beta (animations, etc.).

I suspect a lot of complaints come from people who may not have played many mods before, at least not in their early stages. Not necessarily talking about from these forums, but the INS community in general.

[edit] Let me add that it is still no replacement for RO. If thats what you're after, you don't have it with INS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ProfessorKayos said:
But watching the death animations just makes me forget all about that :D
Some of my clanmates also said the same, but what I'm seeing, along with the majority of my squad, is woeful ragdolls that appear very similar to those in DoD: Source. The model weighting is too high and characters get instant rigor mortis before they begin to fall. It also means they fall faster than is realistic or sensible. One of the deaths looks cool (almost seems like a canned animation, maybe it is) but the rest are... lacking. Certainly you can tell it's the havoc physics engine - I've blasted players through the air with a single rifle shot like in Max Payne 2.

It's been suggested that I have worse ragdoll effects appearing than others due to a game setting, however the Source engine doesn't have scalable physics like the Unreal engine, so whilst ragdolls are client side and therefore may differ slightly, on the whole what I see is the same as anyone else. I have to assume in that case that it's simply my opinion that's differing. So to my mind, these ragdolls are terrible and rarely look realistic. RO's ragdolls are still the most lifelike (or deathlike) implemented into any game to date, followed by AA's (and I'm well aware of who coded the AA ones). Everyone else is fully entitled to their opinion, I'll just give you a funny look. :p

Upvote 0
It seems so easy to shoot people in this game. Are there realistic ballistics like in RO? Are the hitboxes just really big?

I've always thought something was fishy with source hit detection.
I don't know if this is true for INS (since I don't have a source game to run it) but when I tried DODS on the free weekend all guns felt like they were firing watermelon sized projectiles and player hitboxes seemed like they were the size of a car (huge). So yeah from my DODS experience it was insanely easy (you could say effortless actually) to get kills. Not challenging or fun to me at all. RO is without a doubt the absolute best in terms of very accurate hitboxes (hitcylinders technically accord to Yoshiro). And of course RO has physical bullet modeling rather than hitscan. If INS can tweak the hitscan & hitboxes and make them more realistic then that should be one of their top priorities IMO.

Upvote 0
Yeh there tonnes of issues that should get ironed out.

1. It needs fast-switch (BADLY!!!!)
2. The grenade accuracy/distance is all borked, plus no 3rd person anims...
3. Player speed tooooo slow (I mean come oon, these are lightly armed, indigenous fighters, they should move faster)
4. The foot step sounds are out of sync.
5. Sniping is just a waste. I prefer weapons with no scope as you really need maximum close/medium range vision!! Long distance kills hardly happen...

Anyways, once these are fixed or improved the game should be excellent to play. Its quite a pain at the moment but I'l stick with it & see how it pans out!

Upvote 0