• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ready for a new and Unique game?

MightyRamms

May 28, 2006
Are you tired of playing the same basic game with a little improved graphics and storyline but the gameplay is basically the same? Well there is a new WW2 game coming out called Soldiers2 (Game name will change ). Its gameplay is so unique that it may change RPG games as we know them. Soldiers2 gameplay combines Action/strategy with a new and unique Direct Control feature gives the player the option of playing as any soldier in your command. In this game

yes, it is sequel of FoW, but this time with German Developers and routes back to Soldiers: Heroes of WW2. Soldier2 has 100% new gameplay a ton of new units and ALOT more that will surprise everyone! There are two company's working on this project double the quality!

There will be a multiplayer demo ready soon! but i don't know when it will be ready, the developers want to beta test it to death so there is no glitches or bugs that will effect the gameplay!

Upvote 0
I don't know what's up smacking FoW all the time. Only things that really annoyed in FoW were that silly squad system and possibly some small bugs around + some very small issues. Possibly having the... well, weirdest voice dialogue ever was one silly thing :p

yes, it is sequel of FoW, but this time with German Developers and routes back to Soldiers: Heroes of WW2.

I apologize, but what do you mean by "Routes back to SHWW2" ?

Soldiers2 gameplay combines Action/strategy with a new and unique Direct Control feature gives the player the option of playing as any soldier in your command.

Direct Control has been since original SHWW2. So what's so new about it? (no-offense)

units, realistic firing ranges (smg’s won’t be able to hit targets as rifles and mg’s can)

That range system has also been around in since SHWW2. Besides, the games have never been really realistic. I mean it: tank cannon max range like, what? 79.9m? And low-calibre cannons 59.9m, pistols having 20m max range And every SMG uses the same bullet type, so you can trade PPSh ammo with MP40 ammo and that with Thompson ammo and such. And most of the soldiers wears SMGs, Sherman can use Panther's shells and vice versa and such.

So I wouldn't say it is exactly realistic ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wohoo! I loved S:HoWW2 and had high hopes for FoW but at least the demo played horribly and I read they had scripted the missions so that playing co-op wasn't free for all kinds of tactics like in its prequel. I hope this one stands up to the Soldiers legacy so that me and my mates can have a blast on co-op again. :D

Edit:

"Short Description: Two and a half minute long movie with footage from the upcoming Faces of War expansion pack." Doesn't that mean it isn't a stand-alone retail game?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I read they had scripted the missions so that playing co-op wasn't free for all kinds of tactics like in its prequel.

Well SHWW2 had also some pre-set scripts, E.G. Drop Zone is a good example.

But yeah, FoW did have them bit more. But generally FoW co-op is not that bad. Only problem I just find with it is that it reguires very very powerful host computer even with the latest patch.

If we don't count in some small problems (like bullets feel like they travel very slow in FoW compared to SHWW2) and the horrible english dialog, otherwise FoW is great game. Sure SHWW2 is still 'generally' better in it's own ways, but FoW has tons of great features and especially enemy AI is improved. They don't just duckwalk or rush to your position - they actualyl take cover more often and such :p

Upvote 0
Yeah i agree as a ShoWW2 fan, FoW was AWFUL! and I was very disapointed(withalot of other SHoWW2 fans!). bestway left out what ShoWW2 was great for. The Storm over Europe lead designer is head project manager of the game play, and i played the beta demo, and omg it is unreal, the single player is totally different than both SHoWW2 and FoW, in a possitive way. and the crappy FoW style of game play has been replace, it really shocked me.

Upvote 0
Yeah i agree as a ShoWW2 fan, FoW was AWFUL! and I was very disapointed(withalot of other SHoWW2 fans!). bestway left out what ShoWW2 was great for. The Storm over Europe lead designer is head project manager of the game play, and i played the beta demo, and omg it is unreal, the single player is totally different than both SHoWW2 and FoW, in a possitive way. and the crappy FoW style of game play has been replace, it really shocked me.

Does it have co-op support? If so, I'll try the demo and if it turns out good, I'm a potential customer. :D

Upvote 0