• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
So, been playing this...while the atmosphere is neat, what makes this any different than Counter Strike without crosshairs?

Tactical, squad-based team play? Hahaha, nope. In fact, I got kinda frustrated with the bugs the other night and logged onto Battlefield 2 so I could experience more tactical team play. And guess what? I joined a random pug ranked server and did :p

Like I said, atmosphere is really neat, but nothing really stands out about the game.

Upvote 0
This is genius and I very much wish it was in RO and every other FPS that has guns with bipods

Totally agree- I hated being a sniper in AA just for that, felt like I was rooted to the ground once deployed.
Im not sure about RO though, in my mind the bipods of that time were clunky, rusty, at best greased but not oiled, and you had to use a lot of force to push them open (but its just in my mind- I have no RL experience of course).

The rest of your post is very well written, you must be helluva good tester.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried the stats system at all. I've only seen posts saying it doesn't work so I figure it's not worth the time just yet. Since the scoring is bugged, it may be a bad thing try using stats just yet anyway.

Nice summation Zips. I have to say though, I just LOVE comment #7 from "omgomgz". :D

I know that Ins is more realistic than most of the games out there, but it tickles me pink when I see rabid fanboys telling RO/OFP vets that it must be "too realistic" for them (when 95% of the time it's the unrealistic features and bugs that fuel our gripes).

Upvote 0
Yeaaa i guess it was a bit unnecessary

Anyway, gonna play INS

To be honest your fanboyism in this thread is starting to do my tits in, i dont mind you talking about the game and contradicting others post but when you constantly post things like: 'Its a beta' 'RO was crap when it was first released' it grows tiresome. I don't mind you posting your opinions and its nothing personal just your making your self look like a tit throughout this thread.

Upvote 0