• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Oh, yeah, the voices..... not even funny.

When I first heard them I was like 'wtf were they thinking' :p

BUT -- theres a way to fix it; someone's actually recorded the arabic voices, they just aren't used...

Theres a folder 'Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\Insurgency\sound\vox\iraqi\foreign\' that contains arabic voice. Make a backup of the 'normal' folder and replace the normal voices with the foreign ones. Voila :) Cant understand a word of course but sounds SO MUCH BETTER! Yalla nich nich nich!

Except the 'reloading!' sound - I'm seriously considering just making it an empty wav file, its just too darn annoying. But then others would have an advantage hearing me when I reload when I cant hear them...

Just add me on steam and we can try to get some teamwork going..actually why don't we all have each others steam id's so we can play together?

Actually, we dont need steam IDs to play as long as we can add each others nicks on the 'friends' list in the server browser. Mine's the same as in here.

I think INS shows a lot of promise, but there's a LOT to be done before it even can even begin to approach the level of RO in terms of playability. It was really nice to come back to RO after playing INS for an hour :D

-S

Upvote 0
It's ok

It's ok

Insurgency is alright. The ability to look over your ironsights for the mgs rocks. The movement speed while prone does not. All in all the movement in this game is tragic. The 3rd person animations are hilarious, people walking and strafing remind me of giant octopuses with the way their legs swing around. Everything about the movement is wrong. I realize a lot of people say this about RO and Arma, but I got used to both within a couple hours, not so with INS.

Overall the hitscan weapons dont seem to detract from the gameplay as the fighting takes place in such cramped spaces, but of course this subtracts a whole layer of skill required with leading and compensating for ballistics.

The CS crowd is definitely in force in this game, which is a another reason I probably won't be playing it much.

Is this game in any way better than RO? No. The graphics are superior, but the draw distances are horrible shattering the illusion.

Upvote 0
Reminds me of CS first beta release, everybody was like "meh, it will never get very far. It's nice distraction though". Not to say Insurgency will get the same following as CS, but judging a mod by its first release's always been a mistake.
The difference is that Insurgency wasn't released as beta versions that could be improved by user input over time. Games like CS and Natural Selection and DoDefeat did this. The Insurgency team wanted to release something close to the finished article and it's lame.

Upvote 0
Actually, we dont need steam IDs to play as long as we can add each others nicks on the 'friends' list in the server browser. Mine's the same as in here.

S**t, strike that, stupid INS wont let me add people based on in-game nicks, you need IDs registered in Steam :eek:

StarDogChamp; INS *was* released as a beta, atm it's beta1. And it certainly feels like it, but it's bound to get better, they have thousands of beta-testers :p

-S

Upvote 0
The difference is that Insurgency wasn't released as beta versions that could be improved by user input over time. Games like CS and Natural Selection and DoDefeat did this. The Insurgency team wanted to release something close to the finished article and it's lame.

Please tell me where you EVER read this rubbish on the INS homepage or the forums????? Check the INS homepage http://www.insurgencymod.net/ and on the right hand side of the page it says BETA download! Some of you ppl really need to stop making rubbish up and posting it, its getting really old.

Upvote 0
Is there some way to change the range on the M203? Whenever I shoot that thing I gotta aim almost directly at the ground to get a straight shot. It acts like the range is set for 1000 yards or something, when the default should be about 50 yards. Its really annoying because more often than not I can't even see what I'm shooting at because I have to aim so low.

Upvote 0
Bunch of highschool age kids & their fanbois have a go at making the realism shooter and, even more importantly, managing a project this big. Hey, respect! Sort of, LOL :D It probably was a learning experience of their lifetime, which is good. Whatever they do next in the gaming world will certainly be better for this experience and I wish them luck, but this game is mediocre.

Since I expected a mediocre game I can't really say I am disappointed, and since the price can't be beaten I am not complaining. However, I don't think I'll be playing this, with RO better than ever, and GRAW2 just behind the corner + COD4 scheduled for autumn...... hmmm.

Last couple days/weeks before the release on INS forums were abso-fukcing-lutely hilarious. I had more fun reading the forums than I'll ever have with the game itself LOL :p

Source engine although still looks good, is horrendously unsuited for simulating large open spaces, and you need large open spaces for any realism game. I guess this is the best, realism-wise, Source can go, but it's still far from enough. Weapons don't feel right, movement does not feel right. Sounds are unrealistic (damn echo/reverb overkill). Perhaps most importantly, maps do not feel like real places at all. In RO, some maps feel like a real place, real village, real forrest, like something that actually exists or could have existed. GRAW2 demo map looks like some real life Mexican slum. INS map all feel contrived and like stuff from a video game (well.... LOL) I'd dare say BF2 maps like Karkand look better and more real than this in every aspect.

BF2 + PR mod beats INS for realism. Hell even the stock BF2 would compare pretty well if it's not for the bunny hopping. RO does weapons, movement and mapping better than this. GRAW2 beats all mentioned games in realism department (based on MP demo). COD4 will be neither realistic nor tactical, but I expect tons of modern-warfare based fun. INS will be something I show to my office-mates as strange curiosity I downloaded when I had nothing better to do.

Upvote 0
Please tell me where you EVER read this rubbish on the INS homepage or the forums????? Check the INS homepage http://www.insurgencymod.net/ and on the right hand side of the page it says BETA download! Some of you ppl really need to stop making rubbish up and posting it, its getting really old.
It's trendy to call these releases beta. Look at early NS/CS screenshots compared to how they are now. Those mods were released extremely early in development. And if you want a quote:

Jeremy said:
we're in our last phase of beta testing. This means we'll release the mod when we feel it lives up to all the hype for it.

INS map all feel contrived and like stuff from a video game (well.... LOL) I'd dare say BF2 maps like Karkand look better and more real than this in every aspect.
Agreed completely. I had a hunch from the screenshots that all the maps would be tiny also.

Upvote 0
The maps look fantastic imo, almost like the real thing- there is a lot of attention to details, atmosphere is superb and they are not that small. If you wanna bash there is plenty but the maps were done by artists.

He's not saying theyre small, or that they're not detailed, but what he is saying that all locations on the map are cramped, that there are no open spaces and that the levels just dont feel like a possible real life location.

Its relatively easy to make something look great, but its much much harder to get it to feel correct (or in this case, realistic)

Upvote 0
They need to roll out a hotfix that enables votekicking and autokicking immediately, because in over half the servers I join (the ones with FF on) people are rampantly TK'ing. Its pretty much the same case every time too... some asshole takes his MG behind the spawn, sets up the bipod, and goes crazy every time a reinforcement wave comes in. Whats worse is that a lot of times people get paranoid to the point that they shoot everybody on sight.

Basically stupid crap like that is driving people away from this game. Whenever I go into a server that has a TK frenzy occuring, I see people saying "This map sucks" or "These devs can't make a game for ****". It really makes me angry that the simple omission of a few server commands can drive people away from this game for good.

However I really hope that the people who don't follow orders or cap objectives get tired of this game quick, because your straight and simply ****ed if you're on the attacking team on a push map. Everybody asks "Why are we losing every round?" while I'm constantly saying "CAN I GET HELP AT A?"... idiots.

Upvote 0
You are idiots. Plain as that. You are so desperately trying to find something to hate this mod it's just plain rediculous.

Small maps? It's source engine, goddamn it. How about Danzig then. Oh yeah, right, RO-Danzig is of course a much more realistic representation of urban combat :rolleyes: Waiting for you to make the next excuse...

"we're in our last phase of beta testing. This means we'll release the mod when we feel it lives up to all the hype for it" Ah, of course. This sentence clearly states that they planned on having a perfect, bug-free release that would never have to be patched again. Not at all.

But it has so rediculous conefire. Not.

Uhm uhm, it's not revolutionary, and that means it's not worth playing. Yeah whatever you say.

It's pretty clear you never witnessed the first release of your oh-so-holy-grail RO:
-You could walk under the terrain of certain maps and kill people without them being able to see or shoot you
-There were no machineguns for over a year. How realistic was that for a war, where both sides based their whole infantry doctrine around the machineguns?
-Maps were both ugly and buggy and some had a large amount of graphic errors
-In the absence of free-aim you could paint a dot on your screen and always hit with railgun accuracy, even when moving

This post will probably get me banned, because I again dare compare this mod to the RO mod version, but I don't care. You're idiots.

Oh and spreading a server-crashing exploit to sabotage a mod, that's real class.

Upvote 0
I have about enough of this thread, if you guys see the RO boards as a "free-haven" to bash any other mod or game you are in the wrong place, discuss ok, but these rants have nothing to do with a good discussion.

if you really feel the mod is so bad then don't play it.

as for further rants, be a true hero and post them on the INS boards

Upvote 0