• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to Red Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayrunner

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 28, 2007
Hello All, Just thought I would say hello, I don't have the game yet but should have it in two days, Cant wait to play!!!Iv'e been looking for a sim like this for ages then i was on utube and was talking to a person that goes by the username hnosyalnif He gave me some great info on the game as he plays himself, so here I am , hope to be online in two or three days!!!cya's soon ,
Bayrunner:D

Welcome to what I think is the best game ever.

The learning curve can be steep, but stick with it. It's more of a thinking game and shooting skills aren't as important as position, movement, relative strengths/weaknesses and team work. You know you're on a good side and a good server when people are communicating and working togther - and it happens a lot in this game.

I'd suggest learning an infantry role first. Tanking is tricky and you need to get an understanding of the game first. Start with a small number of maps, look out for them and get to know them. Try being a German anti-tanker on Arad - most people play it as a tank map, but being infantry and fighting over the villages is a good way to learn, plus there are lots of russian tanks to ambush. I also played Konigsplatz a lot when I started, again on the German side, and it can be an amazing map.

Also, if you ask a question or for help, usually several people will respond. It's that kind of game. There are a few idiots, but most people will help a new player. And use text or a mike to communicate with people willing to do so, it adds another dimension to the game. If you are playing with someone who works with you then stick them in your buddy list and look out for them in the future.

Good gaming and see you around.

Upvote 0
Welcome to what I think is the best game ever.

Good gaming and see you around.

Getting back into the game after a break of about six months, I've noticed:

1) the game is improved (BT7, 50-man servers, great maps etc.)
2) it helps to read the manual
3) Practicing in practice mode is a good practice (for example, it takes a while to get back to aiming the tank gun with WASD after playing other games where you aim tank guns with the mouse)

Upvote 0
Welcome to Red Orchestra.

After getting used to the slightly different yet refreshing gameplay... after the first few kills...

Its the best !

Be aware that Tanking is very different on tank only maps...
One needs a lot of patiance... or lots of food to eat while you wait in this fantastic spot overlooking an important path

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.