• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
I'm not commenting on the donation thing, but I suggest you guys might be a little harsh on them for the deadline.

Schedules are estimates. If we were prescient, we would be able to say exactly when something will be released but since we're human we have to take our best guess. Now, in my experience as a project manager, people tend to be optimistic and grossly underestimate the level of "noise" in their lives so most estimates err on the low side.

No one WANTS to miss deadlines.

But if you miss them what do you say?
A fly ate my HD.
A dog pissed on the nearest nuclear power plant and caused a black out.

Or do you say why you need longer?
There are still a lot of bugs left to fix, we underestimated it ...
- yeah showing that you are a human that makes also mistakes is "weak" :rolleyes: .

But if this really happened: Why does he not ask another developer? (as Nimsky pointed out before)

All this is completly ridiculous.

Edit: Yeah, I know, I'm jumping conclusions. But look at it from that direction "Pongles" is the Assistant Project Leader, but only 19 years old. Jeremy the Project Leader is also only 19. How long are people waiting for INS now? How old were they when they started INS? I have the feeling they are overstrained.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So RO "sold out" (for various reasons) according to some of what ive read over there by posters...

Good or Bad, Right or Wrong, at least RO actually had something to sell out with!

Daft state of affairs. Starting to smell bovine excrement myself too.
They say The Clash did the same thing, but they still delivered quality product. As for the guy who may or may not be milking the community for new hardware, let him try. He just won't be getting it from me, I have college to pay for. Its just one guy on the team, not all of them.

Upvote 0
Why doesn't he just use an external HD to back up all of his INS stuff? Oh wait, he doesn't have the money! Next thing you know he's going to make a post "Need money for an external HD, so this will never happen again!" :D

As if he couldn't have bought a couple of DVD-RWs and burn the builds in those? They cost what, a dollar a piece or something? :D

Upvote 0
Well whether his HDD/PSU died or not is kind of irrelevant. It doesn't strike me as very proffesional to ask members of your community for donations. He should have either
1. Talked to the other developers to see if they could help
2. Asked for assistance from family/friends
or if 1 and 2 didn't work
3. Ask the community if they would lend/give him a spare psu.

However setting up a paypal donate button just immediately gives sceptics (such as ourselves ;)) reason to question his motives. If he had simply asked for someone to come lend him a psu then at worst he could be accused of stalling for time rather than trying to "con" the community.

Finally i don't think many of us bashed INS the game but rather the way in which they handle their PR.

Upvote 0
This is copied and pasted from the thread @ the insurgency forums.

Release info
To this day I say worst case scenario is a Sunday release, as we're still shooting for Saturday.

Oh, and you guys should really start getting excited now, as you guys are really in for a treat.

We're also gonna be doing a promotional deal with Fileplanet so that for the first 3 hours we will post only Fileplanet mirrors on our official site. However, we negotiated with them so that we can post other mirrors on our forums just for you guys, our community smile.gif

So, as community members you guys can expect access to exclusive mirrors, torrents, etc, while the masses are using Fileplanet.

By the way... we were gonna have 5 maps originally, now its looking like 7
smile.gif
And they're all really awesome maps.

Feature-wise I think everything will be in. There will be some bugs, but none of them hurt your ability to have fun, and all of them will be sorted in patches.

We ended up getting quite a few features in that we didn't expect to make it
smile.gif

The mod will be ~700mb

Included maps on release
ins_almaden
Push map (Attack/Defend), 4 Linear objectives, moving spawns

ins_ambush
Push map (Attack/Defend), 4 Linear objectives, moving spawns

ins_baghdad
Battle map (Frontline), 5 Linear objectives, moving spawns

ins_haditha
Firefight map, 3 Non-Linear objectives, no moving spawns