• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
How is HL2 generic? It's the first game that made physics part of gameplay, and beside that the story is pretty cool if you ask me, but ok.

Well, i'll let you have the story, as its really a matter of opinion wether one likes it or not, lets instead look at gameplay mechanics.. well i'll be brief, its so bloody bland you could play HL2 on a Console! infact, its allready been ported as i recall.

That has to be the deathblow for any PC-shooter, if its even remotely playable on a console, then you failed.

Upvote 0
Well, i'll let you have the story, as its really a matter of opinion wether one likes it or not, lets instead look at gameplay mechanics.. well i'll be brief, its so bloody bland you could play HL2 on a Console! infact, its allready been ported as i recall.

That has to be the deathblow for any PC-shooter, if its even remotely playable on a console, then you failed.
Well, you could even make Red Orchestra work on a console without too much effort.
Perhaps you'll run short of keys and such., but it could be done.

Without aimsupport or any of those gizmo's.

Half-Life 2 IS a good game, albeit a bit lineair... But in this case, the lineair part doesn't matter, because Half-Life 2 would probably suck as a sandbox-type game.

Upvote 0
As pointless as defining it as a bad game since it's just a matter of taste. I think it was the same boring shooting gallery action with few cinematic moments and puzzles.
Take out the cinematic moments and puzzles and RO would fit in your definition aswell.

However, as you said taste defines the opinions over games.

Upvote 0
They said it will be out in SUMMER 2007, not June.

They said June, take a look at the front page of http://www.insurgencymod.net/.

Hey Folks!

It's been a long time coming, but the pieces are finally coming together here at Insurgency mod.
I'm pleased to say that there's a real buzz of energy and excitement between the Developers and Testers that you can really feel.
This is because we're very close to the release of the mod! (June 2007)

To celebrate our imminent release, We've launched our brand new website! and with it brings a whole host of new content!

Upvote 0
June 2007? Hmm, in an interview they said this:

We know the forums strictly prohibit it, but what the hell. Can you let us know of a possible public release date for Insurgency Mod?
Summer of 2007
But that was and older interview - from May 4. So you're right.

Oh well, who still believes in INS's PR talk? Well, apart from the fanboys that is.

They shouldn't give a hard release date until they 100% know for sure that it's done. Even if they can't make it before the end of June, they should just tell the fans. I'm not buying the "broken power supply" excuse. You can just buy a new one.

Upvote 0