• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Classic RO maps

I played kryukovo a couple of times yesterday and I'm diggin that map... one thing I would address is the time limit. Because the defensive setup is so superior, it takes a long time to dig the enemy out. We made it to the last two objectives but the clock was out both times. Seeing as how the last two objectives are recappable, you'd have to be flying through the first part of the map as the offense in order to even have a chance at the end - and flying through just isnt possible.

As for old mod maps.. with the advent of 50 player servers and increased view distance, I think Perekop should be touched up and re-released. I always thought it was great fun even if everyone else complained about its size. P-kop was ahead of its time no doubt.

Moscow highway without arty would be sweet.

UBahn needs to be looked at :D. Even if it wasnt done exactly the same.. the whole concept of it is just awesome. Somebody make a UBahn map!

We still dont have a Mamaev Kurgan Hill map - maybe that could be Tripwires' first map optimized for 50 players... would be cool! :D

Upvote 0
And I miss some custommaps from the old version: RoadtoBerlin or a map by uncledrax (featuring the spanish division azul) for example.

If I redid Volkhov River, I'd feel obliged to use customized Spanish Troops.. which means customized Spainard voice acting.. which means a buncha kit I don't have.. primarly being the ability to speak castillian spanish.. :/

Which is a shame really.. because I have plans for about another 2+ maps featuring the unit.. :/

Upvote 0
Warsaw was remade for Ostfront. Many maps didn't make it over because there was not / is not consent from the original mappers.

Is there a list of the mod maps, and the mapper's name? It would be nice to know who they are, if they are in the OST community and whether they have given permission to port them. The original mod maps topic has come up a number of times in these forums and it would be good to know which maps are available for porting (either from the original arthur or another mapper) and which ones are considered a dead issue.

Upvote 0