• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

boarding tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilk

Mar 20, 2007
hi everyone.

maybe this idea is not new but i believe it would be great if infantry was able to board tanks i.e. sit on the top of it on the armor. this way we would be able to provide necessary infantry support for tanks which we don't have at the moment.

Berezina was laid out all wrong to take advantage of the BTs capability to carry troops. What you need to rely on is a tanker to stop and pick up infantry depending on the situation. It's still possible, if not always practical in that map. If I can get some other maps done, I may go back and reconfigure some spawns to make it more practical.

We also have implemented riders on the stock tanks and showed that in the ATgun package video a while back using the T34. We have talked with Ramm about it and need more research into the server lag that results from riders on stock tanks, and customs. We will implement riders on all of our custom content but whether we release it or not is another story (comment it out of the code) and the stock stuff we will coordinate with TWI.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.