• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno Beta3

FlashPanHunter

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2005
DOWNLOAD

Here's another beta for Kolno, basically the map reverted back to first with a number of smaller changes. Changes include increasing reinforcements and reverting class load outs to the previous beta, adding two semi autos per side. I also tried to adjust the heights for some objects, but it didn't work tremendously well, so there are still some problem areas. I also tried to shrink the file size, it's still in three files but all together it is smaller than before. Feedback would be great.

Map fixes are fine, judging from a quick run through.
But I definately miss the wonderful skins from beta1.
And where did the smokenades go? Where is the MG34?
The old classlimits seemed better imho. But the map itself got improved with beta3.

Skins are just such a pain to implement, and I had lost some of the files I needed. If there was a way to do it all in the myLevel directory of the map without all the extra stuff in the system directory.

I'm not a huge fan of the smoke nades, and I thought the mapmight play better without them. Map never had the 34, I just gave the option of the 42 for some reason. The only other changes to the classes are that I removed out assault and gave two auto rifles. I did that mostly on a whim, if it doesn't work, it can be changed.

Upvote 0
Found some visual bugs. The ground between the wall in front of Homestead (the one closer to the axis side) and the barn in the center of the map has some textures with edges not fixed to the groundlevel. If you lie prone, you can see under the map at two places there, as the texture is just flat instead of attaching to the terrain. Can supply screenies if necessary.

Upvote 0
Found some visual bugs. The ground between the wall in front of Homestead (the one closer to the axis side) and the barn in the center of the map has some textures with edges not fixed to the groundlevel. If you lie prone, you can see under the map at two places there, as the texture is just flat instead of attaching to the terrain. Can supply screenies if necessary.

I can't quite figure out where this is, a screenshot would be great.

Is anyone playing this map? I've had a couple rounds on a german server, but that was the only place I've seen the map on the rotation.

Upvote 0
Must have been our server :D

Here are the screens. Couldn't find the second misaligned texture but found the nice blue piece of whatever sticking out of the roof.

The misaligned texture can better be seen while prone in playermode, my screen was taken in spec mode, where you can't go that low. But in the editor you will see what I mean.

Attachments

• RedOrchestra 2007-06-08 19-03-23-12.JPG
    RedOrchestra 2007-06-08 19-03-23-12.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
  • RedOrchestra 2007-06-08 19-05-10-21.JPG
    RedOrchestra 2007-06-08 19-05-10-21.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0