• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Keyboard + Mouse lag

Shovel 1...

Put the graphics on normal (in game) and get rid of that wireless mouse, (just to see if it helps). Turn of Anti aliasing + the other stuff in your graphic card options.

Make sure that "mouse smoothing" and "reduce mouse lag" are set to 0 (zero) as well as off (in game options)!

And stop pulling a face, it won't get you anywhere.

Check for latest DirectX update, 5/6/07 I believe.

Sorry, me looking RO wit Nvidia, won't know ATI...:p

Hope that helps !

Upvote 0
I fixed it, and i fell really computer-ignorant after I figured out my problem :).

I realized my computer was going slow in general, and I saw that my processors (both) would be running at 80-99 percent usage when it would be idle.

I system restored to last month, and now I am running at around 30 percent usage idle with firefox, xfire, and intel wireless running.

Before I system restored, virtually nothing would be able to run properly, everything that takes up a pinky finger amount of resources would crash my computer. I tried to defrag my hd before I system restored, and it took over 4 hours to get past 20%, no joke. I also ran my avg virus thing, and that found two trojans XD. Its all 'good in da hood' now.

I'm looking foward to playing with the RO community, lag free :).

As for shovel1, go to the start bar, click run, and run msconfig, and then go to startup, and uncheck all programs you do not need to start up. If there are any programs that you are not sure of, IE you do not know what they do, leave them checked, because they might be essential.

Bon Voyage shovel1, and best of luck in your future encounters.
(Where's that from :p)

Upvote 0
I fixed it, and i fell really computer-ignorant after I figured out my problem :).

I realized my computer was going slow in general, and I saw that my processors (both) would be running at 80-99 percent usage when it would be idle.

I system restored to last month, and now I am running at around 30 percent usage idle with firefox, xfire, and intel wireless running.

Before I system restored, virtually nothing would be able to run properly, everything that takes up a pinky finger amount of resources would crash my computer. I tried to defrag my hd before I system restored, and it took over 4 hours to get past 20%, no joke. I also ran my avg virus thing, and that found two trojans XD. Its all 'good in da hood' now.

I'm looking foward to playing with the RO community, lag free :).

As for shovel1, go to the start bar, click run, and run msconfig, and then go to startup, and uncheck all programs you do not need to start up. If there are any programs that you are not sure of, IE you do not know what they do, leave them checked, because they might be essential.

Bon Voyage shovel1, and best of luck in your future encounters.
(Where's that from :p)

BTW thanks everyone for your suggestions/help :).

Upvote 0

As for shovel1, go to the start bar, click run, and run msconfig, and then go to startup, and uncheck all programs you do not need to start up. If there are any programs that you are not sure of, IE you do not know what they do, leave them checked, because they might be essentia

its 100% correct computer i have a diploma :Dmy game dont have a normal lag ,thats crazy i create some magic its possible for me to move the mice without touch there (and if y put the graphic ugliest possible i have the bug again)
i have xp pro
intel 2.4 ,1 go ram ,ati 1650 ,mx1000,saitek keyboard , and a **** soundcard soundblaster 24 live :cool:
driver soundcard correct, video card, mice,webcam, all update in windows is finished

Upvote 0
:)
ohh update ... more info yeah dont panic is on french bravo!!! 98% in menu with no lag mouse but when i start a game lag mouse+keyboard :mad: if i hold a button keyboard(I'm pretty sure the update bug my game)my cache is correct! no spam because adware 2007 ;) and no virus ! solution installed the game again?i wait zzz zz z times

lol image :D funny things
roproblempw1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0