• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Revert Custom Maps.

Well i played two rounds on a 28 player server and agree and disagree with some points raised.

The extra axis cover has little to no effect as the axis don't really stop at it.
Wall/fence is minimal difference.
Grenades do make it easier for axis to clear the bunkers but you can also counte this with nades down the hill.

The biggest difference probably is the extra cover for the bunker 3 root and the capping outside the bunkers.

The increased capzone was an optional idea which on its own wouldn't have been an issue but i guess with the whole combo it is easier.

This said though i saw the axis steam role the first round and then stall at bunker 2 for the 2nd round. Just give it time for the allies to learn how to counter the axis before demanding a revert ;)

Upvote 0
Tula was a turkey shoot before. There was no challenge in it for the Russians. It was basically just an opportunity for target practice. Yes, it COULD be won by the Germans, but most of the time it was a real drag to do so. For me, even playing on the Russian side, it was boring. As the Germans, it was just frustrating.

I think the change that has made the biggest difference is the nades and enlarged bunker cap zone. That's it. The extra cover is a wash if people don't use it, and even if they do, there's still a LOT of open ground to get past. If you had to actually get INTO the bunkers, things might be a bit different, though. Then I think it'd be roughly balanced, even with the nades and extra cover.

As for Leningrad, I dont' know why people have a problem. The unlimited tanks hasn't seemed to be an issue on any server where I've played. It keeps them in the action throughout the map and prevents peopel from joining as a tanker only to sit idly wondering when they get to do something. I don't see that as better or worse, just different. The rest of the map plays great. I played it three times last night, and each time it came down to literally the last thirty seconds of the map. One time the Germans got the map with maybe 20 seconds to spare, and the next time the Russians were JUST about to lose the cap zone in the last ten seconds but managed to hold out.

I'd say THAT is a FANTASTICALLY designed map, because it's exciting throughout the whole thing.

Upvote 0
Tula was a turkey shoot before. There was no challenge in it for the Russians. It was basically just an opportunity for target practice. Yes, it COULD be won by the Germans, but most of the time it was a real drag to do so. For me, even playing on the Russian side, it was boring. As the Germans, it was just frustrating.
That's what I loved about it, the struggle to win as Germans, I might enjoy it more as a Russian if the capzones were in the bunkers, it would still be a challenge then for the Germans to hold each bunker, but the way it is now, I just don't like it as much.

Upvote 0
I guess you're a sado-masochist then. As the Russians, a sadist. as the Germans, a masochist.

Like I said, I viewed the earlier versions as akin to playing in "god mode" for the Russians and basically being little more than target practice. Now it's an actual challenge, although I could see where putting the cap zone inside the bunkers would make more sense (since by that point you're actually "taking" the bunkers instead of standing around outside them).

Upvote 0
The Changes to Tula make it impossible to win for russians

I couldnt agree more, Tula was a great map because it forced the germans to work together and act as a team if they wanted to win.

Some of the best examples of pubbers working together were on that map. One time we had all three mgs working together on one bunker at a time, with the Squad leader directing the mg fire with his binocs as the rifleman moved up to take one bunker at a time.

Now its too easy for the germans to win

Upvote 0
I'm hearing "Whaa! I was given ten free maps polished beyond their initial custom releases! I hate change!"

I agree... ;)

cry.png

Upvote 0
I'm hearing "Whaa! I was given ten free maps polished beyond their initial custom releases! I hate change!"
thats human nature ... never satisfied but hate changes ....

Funny and still cant get people to vote for the new maps very often.
another "typical human" ... usual puber (thus majority of those who vote) will vote for map that know the most... thats all. I belive that many players would like to play another maps but in general, people prefer playing same map again and again instead of possible frustration from being owned on "unknown" map

Upvote 0