• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Keyboard + Mouse lag

crimsonrain

Jun 5, 2007
Hi everyone!

First off, I love the game, It is really great.

The problem is that I get extreme keyboard and mouse lag.
I can move the mouse around fine, but when I am pressing w and moving the mouse, the mouse lags up. If I hit any keyboard button and move the mouse at the same time, I get alot of mouse lag. Same thing with the keyboard, sometimes the game will just keep on walking even when I am not pressing w. Or sometimes it will keep on crouching an extra 3 seconds when I am not holding shift anymore.

I reinstalled RO, messed around with my graphics card settings, messed around with RO settings, and now I'm going to update my graphics card, which probably will not do anything.

I have two keyboards, and they do the same thing.

BTW; this especially gets bad when i go near smoke, but I do not think smoke is causing keyboard and mouse lag :S.

That's really strange. Never encountered this...

About the things you've described, try to check your keyboard for one or more faulty keys (ex. keys that remain in the pressed/down position even after you released them). They might continuously send signals to the computer, conflicting with your mouse movements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shovel1, I'm happy I am not the only one on the boat.

Here is some info that might help :S
laptop Centrino duo 2.83
x1400 ATI 512meg
2 gig ram
ms keyboard
logitech mouse
laptop keyboard
touchpad

all different arrangements, me holding down my laptop keys, moving the mouse, or me using the touchpad while using the ms keyboard all result in a studdery type game play.

If i hold down keys and rapidly move the mouse in circles, the crosshair will continue to move in the circular motion for around 4 seconds.

I am planning on getting the DELL E520 then customizing it. But, if I can get the problem fixed, I wont have to get a new cp.

What I tried to do
update drivers
graphics card drivers
mouse drivers
disable software
tweak RO's settings

Upvote 0