• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Know where ur team is

pomp

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 8, 2006
Um I dunno if this would be a good idea.. but what would u think about being able to tag players from teh f1 score screen to show up on ur map?

So like you know where they are? for instance when someone requires MG ammo u can find them by pressing f1 then click on their name, and they show up on the map, easier to help out ur team than just reading the chat log that tells them which area they are in

This would also help with following squad leaders around and supporting ppl

or even finding ur friends in a server so u can stick together with them even after u die?

sorry if you cant understand my bad grammer or whatever lol

Thx for listening

EDIT: Yeah I really think this would work well! what about also an option as squad leader to draw stuff on maps of ppl u tagged? like planning an attack or something? like a temporary drawing line like in guild wars? that woudl fade away after like 5 -10 sec

No. It would detract yet further from realism. Additionally, the ability for the SL to draw on maps would be abused, I can guarantee you that much.
Then have the possibility for others to "vote" who is squadleader.

If he doesn't do good to their standards he has to resign.

That way, the real asshats can't be squadleader too. And the squadleader class would finally be something you have to work for.

Upvote 0
So like you know where they are? for instance when someone requires MG ammo u can find them by pressing f1 then click on their name, and they show up on the map, easier to help out ur team than just reading the chat log that tells them which area they are in.

If an Mg'er calls for ammo through the 'v' menu it shows up on the map where he was when he called for it.

Upvote 0
... Le Voice Chatte! C'est le solution! Le VoIP! Le scribble-scribble! All le help. I mean, if you're going to go to the lengths of picking a name on F1 scoreboard, clicking it, looking up the position on the objectives map... It's faster and more natural to ask where the guy in question is. And if he's not responding, then he's a tit and you'd be wasting your time anyway.

Upvote 0
I would like to see an icon on the map like the mg-ammo icon for any type of voice command. So if someone called for support (pz-faust, tank and the other types), or if a team member has spotted something (tank, mg, infantry...) or other types of infos would appear on the map where the player was when he used his voice command. This would make the voice commands actually more usefull and it is the only logical improvement of them. Now you hear a voice command, somewhere must be something and you end up searching for it.

Upvote 0
I would like to see when some one asks for a something like ammo or a sniper, you see his coordinates (like E5) in his message, next to the zone he's in. Then when you open your map, you see that coordinate blinking. Every request or warning has a diffrent color like friendly artillary is red, ammo request is yellow, sniper is blue, mg is purple.

Upvote 0
3D sounds will do it

3D sounds will do it

Um I dunno if this would be a good idea.. but what would u think about being able to tag players from teh f1 score screen to show up on ur map?

So like you know where they are? for instance when someone requires MG ammo u can find them by pressing f1 then click on their name, and they show up on the map, easier to help out ur team than just reading the chat log that tells them which area they are in

This would also help with following squad leaders around and supporting ppl

or even finding ur friends in a server so u can stick together with them even after u die?

This is a good idea, but I think an even simpler sollution is to add 3D VOIP sound and 3D voicecommand...
This way we can pretty accurate pinpoint where players are located.

The VOIP then offcourse being only 3D when talking in LOCAL channel.

Adding 2 more channels would also add to that first suggestion so we can team up in more teams...

Upvote 0
Systems like this are too easily abused =(

I like the way things are right now, because most of the time people won't use it. USually I'm the only one going out of my way to resupply an MG 2 squares away from me.

Its all unnecesary, VOIP is all you need and like said before, if they don't respond through chat or VOIP, the are tits and not worth it.

Upvote 0