• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Beta Patch Comments

What a crap with those additional available roles when the max players are set higher... I was playing on Berezina which is 1941 (in german squads from 1941 was only 1 men with SMG) and there almost nobody was rifleman, there were as many as 8 assault soldiers, and other soldiers with SMG like squad leader, sappers.. etc. I see that this is like when after more than 32 players on the server, those roles are multiplying 2x. So when is for example 33 players there are as many as 8 assault soldiers :eek: (if default is 4). If roles are multiplying 2x, teams should be also multiplying to 64 players from 32, and then would be balanced with roles... but with for example 50 players, them soldiers with SMG will be too many...

Upvote 0
What a crap with those additional available roles when the max players are set higher... I was playing on Berezina which is 1941 (in german squads from 1941 was only 1 men with SMG) and there almost nobody was rifleman, there were as many as 8 assault soldiers, and other soldiers with SMG like squad leader, sappers.. etc. I see that this is like when after more than 32 players on the server, those roles are multiplying 2x. So when is for example 33 players there are as many as 8 assault soldiers :eek: (if default is 4). If roles are multiplying 2x, teams should be also multiplying to 64 players from 32, and then would be balanced with roles... but with for example 50 players, them soldiers with SMG will be too many...

... hmm yes I think that everybody is surprised just as you are :rolleyes:

Regarding music in game... I like music in menu... but I am completly missing the reason why same volume slider is for in-game and menu music...

Screams are fine for the first listen, than a bit annoying later and even later you learn to ignore them and thats the point of biggest benefit of it because now we have pretty much awarness if somebody died next to you... over all that is good change :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a blast last night...

I am not sure the map, but there's a school house in it that everyone kept mentioning to target...seemed the Russian's were on a defensive low ridge and we were in the hills storming it...I played a machine gun for one of the first times laying cover fire... with the screams, it was intense.

Because the sound of the screams concidered the distance you are from them, muted for longer distance, I think it was fine, and I agree about the knowledge of someone dying close to you gives you a hint to hit the deck.

It felt more real with the screams...and there seemed a difference with the sound of the weapons, and I only heard the music at the main menu screen, once in the map, no music. So, that was cool.

Fan for Life.

Upvote 0
Just got off of Kessel and a few rounds of BDJ.

I like the new bayonet animation and everthing else runs smooth and clean.

On BDJ me(in a tiger) and an 76 put about 5-6 rounds *in* each other. lots of bounces, but i put about 5 88mm's into the turret with the last one finishing the job.:rolleyes:

Oh well, still fun.

Play on servers using the ab mut i'm telling you wont get that half as much generally you'll hardly get any wtf moments, more i was beaten fair and square moments.:)

Upvote 0
-New maps are better then the beta versions.
- Death Screams are louder, I personally like them, however, on 50 player danzig... you hear people die ALL THE TIME. I dont mind, some people might complain.
-new menu is better then the old one.
-Music is alright, however I muted it... don't need it ingame.
-Leaning works better then ever. I have not yet gotten shot by someone leaning that I could not see.

I would like to add this.
During beta play, I played against bots...
I think the botmapping done for the newer maps (forgot the one I played... Zhitosomething41??) well... the bots impressed me.
They were on superskill... but they were often in the right places in the right times and gave me some trouble.
Still idiots, but a little better when it comes to doing something.

It is a good update.
I think the highest point would be the new maps made official and the leaning being better.

Upvote 0
I still do miss

- better pick up system for gun and ammo
- still happens that you can`t use the speach menu
- still can`t use the set off voip for all
- there are still texture missings of tanks when you are a spectator or
dead.

- thought that tankbattling should be more tough now but i have seen
no difference.
- don`t like the screaming all the time.

But i do like the new maps.

Upvote 0
- thought that tankbattling should be more tough now but i have seen
no difference.

what do you mean with tough? Something like that tank should be destroyed after 3-5 penetrations to have more fun or some more realistic?? If realistic there is a great tank mod called "Armored Beasts", you can read about it here http://www.red.orchestra.pl/page.php?al=ArmoredBeasts

and if you want play it I recommend FKS#4 (212.187.208.143:7757), it's the most popular tank server with AB.

Upvote 0