• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Secret Weapons of World War 2

Only land battleship I can think of that was made would be that stalin organs, think only 3 were made, and all destoryed (two destroyed by their own weapons). Something like 2 KV1 turrets and one really large KV2 turret with 2 152mm guns in it, and the rear kv1 turret also had a katyusha rocket rack on it. Beleive they were all made at Leningrad.

One got destroyed by firing all of its guns to one side, and rolled over on itself. Think the other shot its own powder storage for the middle kv2 turret.

Upvote 0
Only land battleship I can think of that was made would be that stalin organs, think only 3 were made, and all destoryed (two destroyed by their own weapons). Something like 2 KV1 turrets and one really large KV2 turret with 2 152mm guns in it, and the rear kv1 turret also had a katyusha rocket rack on it. Beleive they were all made at Leningrad.

One got destroyed by firing all of its guns to one side, and rolled over on itself. Think the other shot its own powder storage for the middle kv2 turret.

"this tank is so large! It cant even tourn around"

"There is no need to tourn around! It will drive its way straight forward to berlin!

Upvote 0
If we're going to include land battleships, we should do so on a special map.

This is the suggestion I posted at my clan forum: the map would be called "Der Stunde der Ratte"--The Hour of the Rat.

"Thirty years ago, a company called Metagaming released Ogre, a small and inexpensive map-and-counter wargame designed to be played in less than an hour.

"Ogre was a science-fictional game that simulated a battle between a gigantic, heavily-armed cybernetic supertank

Upvote 0
The idea is cool, but not so original...

Of course it's not original: I already said I based it on a thirty-year-old wargame.

...even the name itself is taken already by BF1942

It is? :confused:

I think you're mistaken about that. I just checked an FAQ for Secret Weapons of World War II, and googled around for it, but I couldn't find it.

I did find that my German is even worse than I thought--it should be "die stunde," not "der." But the only reference I can find is to a German film adaptation of H G Wells' Food of the Gods.

If I'm wrong, please show me. In any case, even if you're right, I came up with it independently, as my atrocious German shows.

Upvote 0
B00009V3NX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Upvote 0