• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ideas for a future RO?

im not sure if the Red in Red Orchestra is specific to just the russians, or maybe its a broad term for communists collectively? well anyways, i was thinking maybe an idea for a future RO will be the Chinese vs Japanese conflicts. Or maybe even the Communist Chinese vs Nationalist Chinese? Maybe even add in some shifty Commie&KMT vs Japanese battles? If air combat will become an option further on, the great Flying Tigers would be great to have ingame as well.

i'd play it for sure.

someone posted a "what if world war 2 didnt stoped" idea. Never seen a shoter around that.

It would make a maybe interesting idea with some slight realism inside. ROO would fill with its "semi-realism" finally a gab, that would work. Enough realism to let you think "that might be possible and its war" but not like now, where the flaws of this realism take away the WW2 feeling.

I mean, who cares about realy if his "walking axis mech" has now the 5th richochet against this monster from communist tank :eek: :D

Upvote 0
OOOO! I own Darwinia! (The Linux demo anyhow:eek: )
*Slayer_2
P.S. "You know.

Introversion Software uses steam for both Darwinia and Defcon, but they also release Mac and Linux versions of their game separately.

Not only that, but on Defcon multilayer you can play against others using Steam even if you are on different versions." Well if RO ever does make a Linux and/or Mac OS version I thought the best way to do it would be separate of Steam like a normal game (AKA They ship you a box version of the game and you have to manually update off their site or with an update button in the game menus.
P.P.S A non-WWII RO what the hell! That's so retarded an idea. Imagine a war game without MG-42s being successful! It's impossible RATATATATTATATATA! (Actually a modern RO style game could be interesting, take that BF2!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that might be the worst suggestions ever, if next RO abandones ww2, i will personally start ww3.

it was part of ww2. although not majorly involving germans. i guess you suggest RO stay permanently attached with the nazi regime? im just suggesting a wider involvement of the ww2 ordeal with some of the other "Red" groups, such as the Chinese Red Army. just an idea. i dont feel its deserving for you to label it as "the worst suggestions ever".

its never good to immediately shun different thinking.

Upvote 0
I'll third that!

it wont stray from ww2 at all. its just another region and conflict during ww2. sure when people think ww2, commonly people think of Nazis and the US involvement. when i first heard people were making a ww2 game that included the Russian side, i was totally open to it and was glad to hear it wasnt another run of the mill German vs USA jig. i guess im just pretty open minded?

the axis: japanese, and allies: chinese, still stay true to the axis and allies grouping. again, just an idea posted in the ideas section. maybe too ambitious for now maybe? but something nice to think about for future aspirations

Upvote 0
it wont stray from ww2 at all. its just another region and conflict during ww2. sure when people think ww2, commonly people think of Nazis and the US involvement. when i first heard people were making a ww2 game that included the Russian side, i was totally open to it and was glad to hear it wasnt another run of the mill German vs USA jig. i guess im just pretty open minded?

the axis: japanese, and allies: chinese, still stay true to the axis and allies grouping. again, just an idea posted in the ideas section. maybe too ambitious for now maybe? but something nice to think about for future aspirations

I am perfectly fine with another setting for a WWII game, and I would love to see some Pacific/Chinese theater action, but what I cannot stand is another modern day hypothetcial war and setting, or some sci-fi crap.

WWII ftw!!!!

Upvote 0
it was part of ww2. although not majorly involving germans. i guess you suggest RO stay permanently attached with the nazi regime? im just suggesting a wider involvement of the ww2 ordeal with some of the other "Red" groups, such as the Chinese Red Army. just an idea. i dont feel its deserving for you to label it as "the worst suggestions ever".

its never good to immediately shun different thinking.

ok, i thought you were suggesting post a ww2 theatre. the things you suggest can be added to the next RO, i dont really care.
but maybe you have always been interested by the asian part of ww2, but i know nothing of it. and i dont really want to either.
keep in mind that the next RO will have new technology, people always seem to think it will be "another game" and if its ostfront again it will be the same again... i say bring me the ostfront again, with better grafix, new engine, features we didn't know existed bla bla bla...
"wasting" a new engine, with features like destroyable environments etc... on a chinese front :confused: INSANITY!!

i didnt know alot about the ostfront before i played RO, now learned alot about the tanks, the battles, the weapons, the heroes. and i find it amazing.
if i am missing another forgooten part of ww2 that can offer the same or better amazingness then tell me. but can you? :D

Upvote 0
-Definatly more tanks and weapons.
-Maybe with the new Unreal 3 engine?
-More sounds. For example a hit from a tank always sounds the same...
-Please no Battlefield atmosphere (no planes!!) Stick to the WW2 Eastern Front War by being a simple soldier or tank crewman...
-More realistic features like individual tank speed (the first thing that popped into my head) or ballistic. Most important: Getting rid of the bug that HE shells of less powerful guns can destroy heavier enemy tanks without at least having it damaged to red.

Upvote 0