• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

May Patch Changelog

Fantastic news about fixing the Stug/SU bug. That makes me VERY happy.

I know I'm not the only one who's experienced the MG-34 bug:
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14548
My clanmembers have had it do, not sure what causes it, but it was very odd. It literally fires in the low, left-hand corner of the screen.

I'd say in regards to the nade bug, 1/30-40 nades for me is bugged, where I explode and the enemy doesn't. Again, clanmembers confirm this is about accurate for them.

Ramm, the satchel problem is quite evident on Stalingrad Kessel. Stuff's gotta be right on the North Railyard Wall to blow it. And, it's been a while since I checked it, but last time I checked you couldn't blow the assembly doors from the inside. I may be wrong on that one though, been a while since I tried.

With regards to the Beta Testing team, as much as I'd like to help, last time I checked your testing times they were in conflict with my "west coast" schedule. :/

Upvote 0
This huge PPSH muzzle flash is just unrealistic if you fire blank cartridges the muzzle flash is bigger maybe more impressive but there is a huge visual difference beetween life ammo and blank ammo. You often see that in B-Action movies (and Stargate for example).

Yeah maybe it looks nice but we can't use CoD as an example for RO :p

First law of ROism :D

Having fired lots of fully automatic weapons (MGs, and SMGs) in real life, I can without a doubt say that there is nothing unrealistic about the size of the muzzle flashes in RO. This whole "You only get big muzzle flashes with blank ammo" thing is a huge fallacy, Muzzle flash visual size in real life can depend on several conditions including the humidity in the air and the amount of light in the area where the weapon is fired. Sometimes you get a very small muzzle flash in real life, sometimes you get a huge muzzle flash in real life. The flashes in RO lean more toward the large ones you see in real life, but they are realistic, and I have personally seen those types of muzzle flashes from weapons I have fired.

Upvote 0
I don't care about the size of the flash, I care about the shape.
PPSH should have a "triangular" flash. It's a very minor thing but it's
still bugging me.

AND

The German uniforms suck balls.
In CoD (once again) the have some pretty cool uniforms. In RO they
are ugly greenish....rags.
All this means nothing when it comes to improving gameplay, but
I'd like to see some variety in uniforms on different maps.

Upvote 0
To be honest it was a huge problem in the mod. Half the time somebody would say incoming, and you would not hear it because he was a sniper back behind the front line where there was no combat. Another problem with 3D Voice coms is they tend to make people use the feature less than they would normaly. In the mod almost nobody used the voice com because it was useless over long distances. IE you could only hear it if you were 10 feet away from the person who said it, even if it was a shouting voice chat messige the game stoped it from travleing farther than 10 feet. You would of never heard it if your say 200 meters away in a tank.

I know this was a neat feature in the mod but for gameplay it sucked because you had not control over the distance you can hear sound. It was nothing like in real life where if sombody were to shout: ARTY! GET DOWN! you could hear it for at least 600 meters if they had a good breath before hand. I'm agenst your push for this feature because it's just not possable with the current codeing in the game right now. They would have to rip out the sound code and reenter every line and it would take years to get it to work right. Even games like WW2 Online don't have the sound over distance thing sourted out yet.

Well wouldn't that be what RO is all about, realism I mean. I know that there still alot to be sorted in WWII games in general, like tankers just magicing out of their tanks in a nanosecond, but I think the point is that we want to work toward a more realistic expirience. I mean if I want just good gameplay CoD:UO is awsome, but so is Pac-Man. RO is about realism, and if that sniper couldn't inform the rest of his unit about something cause he's too far away well then so be it, that just how it is. It's hard to make some long-distance shots because the bullet is pulled down by gravity and it would be much easier if you could just point and shoot, but that's not RO. I'm ok with leaving out this 3D voice thing now, I just think RO is a game about Realistic gameplay, not just easier gameplay. In fact it's the reason I stopped playing CoD and moved over to RO.

Great patch TW, you guys are the other reason I switched. Your the only company that really cares about the community. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well wouldn't that be what RO is all about, realism I mean. I know that there still alot to be sorted in WWII games in general, like tankers just magicing out of their tanks in a nanosecond, but I think the point is that we want to work toward a more realistic expirience. I mean if I want just good gameplay CoD:UO is awsome, but so is Pac-Man. RO is about realism, and if that sniper couldn't inform the rest of his unit about something cause he's too far away well then so be it, that just how it is. It's hard to make some long-distance shots because the bullet is pulled down by gravity and it would be much easier if you could just point and shoot, but that's not RO. I'm ok with leaving out this 3D voice thing now, I just think RO is a game about Realistic gameplay, not just easier gameplay. In fact it's the reason I stopped playing CoD and moved over to RO.

Great patch TW, you guys are the other reason I switched. Your the only company that really cares about the community. Thanks again.

Amen To That!! :)

Upvote 0
Amen To That!! :)

I will agree that RO is way more about Realism but if you read the box one of the quotes is calling it "accesable Realism." Thats a might bit different than full on realistic gameplay like what you get in games like WW2 Online. but realy I hate games like that because they tend to make things overly complex. IE hold shift + C + A to crouch. In RO if it's simple to do in real life then it is in the game. I like that level of realism. It's easy to make a tank turret turn in real life, it's also easy in RO. I'm just worried that if we get too realistic we might lose the great gameplay we have right now.

Upvote 0
Why was the APCR taken out of the Panzer III or was it changed to an AP round to allow HE rounds to be used? Is the AP round as powerful as the APCR, it didn't seem that way pre-patch?
I haven't really tried out the Panzer III post patch, so please forgive my questions.

*EDIT*
Ah disregard my post, I think I understand. On some maps you get a HE\AP option and on others AP\APCR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would this be 'OFF-TOPIC' if I were to ask about the maps that needs to be downloaded again? (Did I say that right?). Do I need to upload ALL of the maps onto the server again? And what about all of the custom maps? I noticed last night when I went onto our server that most to all of the maps needed to be downloaded again and SOME were at a snails-pace. What's up with that!?

Upvote 0