• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I haven't got a C drive

On the desktop, right click on My Computer, select "manage"
Then on the computer management page select "disc management"
In the right hand panel look for the "f" drive,
Right click in the F drive box,
Select "change drive letters and paths"
Select "change"
You can then change the F to any other available letter.

Are you sure you don't have a C drive? It maybe that a previous Operating System is on "C"
If it turns out that you do,then you won't be able to use this method,because the letter "C" is already in use.

Upvote 0
If you only have one drive and it's labled "F", I'd think twice about changing it. It could seriously muck things up if all your programs are suddenly looking for things in a drive that no longer exists.

Steam should let you choose the drive letter you install it to, and RO will install in a sub-directory of steam.

Upvote 0
You don't need a c: drive to boot eg:

The pc could have more than one hard drive,
Drive c: could have had, lets say, Win 2000 on it,and later you could have installed XP on the other drive (maybe F)
F: then becomes the boot drive, on a dual boot machine
The first drive (c) might then have been removed from the pc. so now you only have one hard disc drive f:

Upvote 0
How do you boot an operating system without C:\ then? :p

It's just hidden. ;)
Major computer manufacturers like Dell, etc do this.

i built my pc. i dont have a C: drive. why should i hide a partition? lol. i boot from F:, because my OS is on F:. and it could be ANY letter.

ok, i lied. i got a C: drive, but only when i run one of my external harddrives, but only because it gets assigned by itself. but i DONT need C: for my daily life.

ps: you are also able to boot an OS WITHOUT a harddrive at all. :p

in the 80s i only had A: and B: floppy, good old days.
all those drive letters when you are using 2 terrabyte these days.

Upvote 0
This is taken from Bold Games's support page for RO, in relation to the boxed copy of RO. I do not own the boxed copy so I can't say how accurate this is, but it looks like it should work.

Question: The installer says that there isn't enough space on drive 'C' to install the game. My hard drive partition labeled 'C' doesn't have enough space to install the game, but I want to install it to a secondary hard drive in my system. What do I do?"

Answer:

If drive 'C' on your PC is a hard drive:
1. Run the installer.
2. On the first page of the installer, uncheck Red Orchestra and DirectX, then click Next.
3. After the Steam installer starts, it will ask for a different install location.
4. Choose the drive location with sufficient room for Steam and Red Orchestra.
5. Once Steam installs to your secondary drive, the Red Orchestra installer will run and install the game to the same location as Steam.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0