• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rambo IV trailer. Finally a movie series not castrated for teenage audience ^^

Anyway...is it just me or does Stallone look a bit "damaged" ? He got charged for trying to have "illegal" muscle growing "medicine" with him entering Australia. The Reason was that he is "sick" and needs to use it. Maybe he overused that stuff in the past and now cant let go ?
You just can't get the muscles he had at his prime without "medicine". "Medicine" being steroids, anobolic products or growth hormons. Commonly used and widespread in body building or by elite athletes. Simple as that. A hard workout and food mangement works aswell until you reach your limit and takes a whole lot more time besides to get to the "next level" you need that stuff.

Upvote 0
and Athena knows bodybuilding...how? :rolleyes:

and I'm still wondering where it says or shows Rambo being a Christian. Maybe he made love to the blonde hair chick and she gave him that necklace thing for good luck...you people are simply jumping to conclussions about this and are so willing to blame Christian America, it makes my head spin. Some posters were even making a link between the Christian themes and killing other religions, so I don't see how my comment about Iraq is offbase.

quick edit: Lock this thread, I've seen switchblade lock threads for FAR less political/morale banter than this.

Upvote 0
I will be seeing this Rambo movie. I can't really remember the old ones now since I saw them when I was a kid. Keep in mind that that footage was put other for the Cannes (or perhaps another?) film festival so we don't know what state of editing the movie will go through. Frankly I hope they keep the level of violence as brutal as possible so long as there is a point to it all that is. I just saw "the Marine" recently and that was a pretty stupid movie so I want a good action film.

Upvote 0
Woah guys looks like I started an argument far from my original point. Simmer dudes.

First Rambo is pro-war because it portrays killing in such a way that the viewer feels that the so called 'hero' is killing because he needs to and in the situation given it's right. IRL the vast majority beleived that the war in 'Nam was wrong and totally unjustified (I feel awkward haveing to say this on forum about a game about war). This makes the movies pro-war opposed to antiwar movies where the killing is portrayed as nescessary (lets take Platoon for example. Kill the gooks or you get courtmartialled) but the 'hero' strongly opposes it and it is as portrayed as wrong. Besides killing is always wrong no matter how justified.

Second, Saving Private Ryan is an unrealistic portrayal of war (man I read books on this here) not because of the accuracy of weapons or tanks or tactics, but because of the story. First, the government would not send a team to save a guy just because his brothers died. Second the team sent to save him were portrayed as 'heros' though killing someone in a glorious fashion is never heroic. To get entangled with your guys' arguments, people have killed in god's name (Pres. Bush, the Crusades in the Dark Ages and so on). Also, this isn't propaganda because propaganda is telling only one side of a story (E.g. unreliable news sources, Hitler's propaganda films), therefore it's only pro-war material or strongly partiotic material.

To clear my own name, I play this game the same reason I watch Band of Brothers. It ain't pro-war or anti-war. It's just a neutral look at it. Same thing with the History Channel.

So let's stop atatcking each other and getting off topic. I'm not watching the movie and that's the end of that.

Upvote 0
In Rambo I he kills because his mind is cracked and he snaps back to vietnam-mode when he is mistreated by the police. Then the situation gets out of hand and he falls back into his warrior program completely, killing everything and everyone who is out for him.

He kills because he is a psychopath and the police guys try to kill because one of them was an asshole and tried to shoot Rambo because his pride was hurt and when Rambo threw back the stone the helicopter was destroyed and it wasn't just about resistance against authorities anymore but about murdering one of them.

The movie is about a situation that is completely out of control because of an asshole who has no respect for veterans and because of a veteran who changes into a berserk because of a war trauma.

I can't see anything in this movie that would be pro-war.

@Strother: So praying in a christian fashion doesn't make him appear christian for you? And giving his religion that much importance in the trailer is no indication for you that it might become important in the movie too?

Upvote 0
^That's why Rambo I rocked. But the other two parts ... well they had nothing to do with the original movie apart from the main character. But unfortunately it's THEM who people think about when Rambo is mentioned. And I'm sure Scheisskopf (wtf?) had them in mind, too. And yes, you can't deny that they are absolutely glorifying violence and war. Albeit they are so unrealistic that intelligent viewers simply see them as fun movies.

Upvote 0
Tell me at exactly what time of the trailer that you see or hear rambo praying. I've watched it about 3 times (not to look for it, I showed the trailer to some 5.ss members) and I never found one instance where he is praying. You hear someone saying some religious stuff, but I don't see it coming out of Rambos mouth, it doesn't even sound like Rambo. In the context of the movie, the logical explanation is that the group of people who came to help the civilians were Christian missionary types, or one of the guys in the group was and he was praying to the group during their capture, and judging by the words of the prayer it would be very appropriate for being captured.

But instead you think Rambo+cross necklacke+obscure religious prayer=propaganda. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0