• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make armored beasts mutator standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are so major issues indeed.

MG shaking annoys you but hey, I forgot it makes the entire game so unplayable that we must say RO sucky game.

DBZ\Shang-Tsung fireballs sure look funny, but okay, let's face the fact it ruins the entire game and these fireballs should make fireblast every time they hit. Not to mention we should have wizards screaming "FIREBALL!" and "LIGHTNING BOLT!" around.

And yeah, because human eyesight is just so laser robotic accurate, if I don't have my 100% accurate MG I can't play the game. Human robotic laseraccurate

Upvote 0
ok now you are just talking ****. Im not saying that AB needs to be satandard, but it has many things that makes tank combat better IMO.

And I have never denied that fact nor have ever said that AB is crappy. I find it just quite funny that people are not being exactly realistic with the idea.

Sure AB does improve tank combat to some extent quite well, but let's face the fact. It is a mutator. It has some fine ideas and considering it has been done by a one single guy, it's not bad at all.

But then, it's fan made, not official one. And as long as it remains being done by one invidual it has very slime chance of caughting more attension than only a minority of the entire community.

Upvote 0
And as long as it remains being done by one invidual it has very slime chance of caughting more attension than only a minority of the entire community.

What.... is your point???

AB Mutator should always remain a mutator and not be integrated into RO. That is the only concept that makes any sense.

Upvote 0
What.... is your point???

AB Mutator should always remain a mutator and not be integrated into RO. That is the only concept that makes any sense.

I was going to say the same thing as I was reading the posts.

You can rip AB apart or praise its glories, but in any case, at this point it is not ready. And for all of you who want it standard (not an unreasonable request, but....) why do you want to force it upon others who don't? I see plenty of servers running this mutator and you can play on them with others that enjoy it also.

Especially at this point in its development, let it remain a mutator so players have a choice.

Upvote 0
I was going to say the same thing as I was reading the posts.

You can rip AB apart or praise its glories, but in any case, at this point it is not ready. And for all of you who want it standard (not an unreasonable request, but....) why do you want to force it upon others who don't? I see plenty of servers running this mutator and you can play on them with others that enjoy it also.

Especially at this point in its development, let it remain a mutator so players have a choice.

And most importantly because there are barely three maps that even begin to portray the mutators objectives. There are too few maps and fewer mappers working on 'big' maps that will create situations where the mutator will truly impact gameplay. If those maps were to increase, you will then fight an entire new battle of critics on the lack of detail etc in the maps, it IS a limit of the engine. At some point, you can not overcome them all. The best advice I would give is for the creator to enlist a couple mappers willing to create maps that will effectively allow the mutator do what it is meant to do. 400-600 meter ranges we have now are not the proper test bed.

A mutator, is a mutator and should remain such when it impacts the core game on so many levels.

Upvote 0
What I don't understand is the push to get it implemented into RO. If it didn't work as a mutator then I could see requesting some changes but that is not the case. So why does it have to be part of the core of the game? The way it is now server admins, mappers and players have choices if this were to be implemented you would be taking their choices away.

I played it a few times and didn't like it but that's me and my opinion, I like the idea of being able to have my opinion and my choices on what I want the game to be played like. So as far as my answer to the first post of this thread I do not want the AB mutator to be implemented into the core game but to remain a mutator so that everyone can enjoy the game the way they like it to be played.

Lex

Upvote 0
What I don't understand is the push to get it implemented into RO. If it didn't work as a mutator then I could see requesting some changes but that is not the case. So why does it have to be part of the core of the game? ........

Because many servers running it are sparsely populated, and people who agree with thread title would happily force the majority to play it in order to insure they have plenty to of folks to shoot at.
I said this back in post 3, and since then we have pages consisting analysis not only of AB, but amusingly also the various character flaws that prevent the unenlightened from committing to it; but most still agree it should remain a mod.
It's a non issue really - can anyone see it happening?

If the AB servers were populated by a large variety of players 24/7, the issue of standardising it would not have come up.

Upvote 0
I dont think tanks and their penetrations will change drasticaly in ROO. But I would be already very happy if the Hull and Turet would be different and Tracks could be damaged more easily. Particularly with HE shells. And of course, another important fact. Changing the Satchels, that they would only do damage to tanks if placed DIRECTLY under or at top of a tank,

Upvote 0
for anayone who likes the regular system, play 300 hours on orel then come back and say that again. if you play on the ruskie side you wont mind the system, if you play on the german side you will feel cheated.

ive said a few thousand times, a realistic armor system and unballanced teams would ballance the game. give the germans their deadly tanks, have the teams 2/5 with 5 on the russian team, give the russians lots of tanks. and VOILA its like it was in ww2, germans with better tanks and lesser numbers and russians with numbers and shoddy tanks.

currently the tanks are ballanced so that the russians stand an ok chance with an equal number of players on each side. and thats just MALARKY, the panther kill ratio to the t34 is NINE TO ONE.

Exactly my point in the "HIstorical battle mod" suggestion...
I suggested creating a mut that actually simulated the correct propotions on weaponry, manpower, distances, positions, weather and vehicles...

I hope that many people are going to play the Darkest hour mod.. or the Marenostrum.

MORE realistic tanking would attract MORE people that enjoys realistic tanking... which is what the game states in the stores.... and I KNOW that many hardcore tankers does NOT play anymore cause the tanks acts like BS....

See ya on AB servers fellas!

Upvote 0
I've just started playing AB servers after lots of regular tanking...

AB is alot more fun. It was alot more engaging. I had a good run in a tiger with a buddy, we took down no less than 10-15 T34's, clown cars, and KV1's on Orel in West Field. The tiger was nailed, long distance, with no fewer than 10 rounds, which did no damage. I actually had to make it back to WF to reload, as I had expended all 50 rounds! Eventually I was flanked by a number of T34's working together and taken down. :(

Upvote 0
No, but that also doesn't mean AB should be forced on the community when (a) the mutator itself is incomplete, and (b) the maps we have are mostly unsuited towards truly realistic tank combat.

AB's a step in the right direction, but it's only one as-yet incomplete part of a much larger process.

agreed. I was just throwing some questions out there. :)

Upvote 0
No, but that also doesn't mean AB should be forced on the community when (a) the mutator itself is incomplete, and (b) the maps we have are mostly unsuited towards truly realistic tank combat.

AB's a step in the right direction, but it's only one as-yet incomplete part of a much larger process.

yes ... but one question, at least in my head, still remains ...

If a "single" guy, with letz say, JUST moding capabilties and limited scripting (not that he dont know what hes doing, or that its not a good job!), is already doing something like that. Then imagine what a "professional developer" could do? And why its not already done ...

I have my own point of view WHY the tanks are how they are and there never have been major changes done to them so far and why I think, that there also will not happen major changes ... but many will not believe it anyway.

there is realy no reason to say the vehicles work like a "sim" or anything related to that. Yet, many people come to this game with exactly this expectations ...

Upvote 0
I have my own point of view WHY the tanks are how they are and there never have been major changes done to them so far and why I think, that there also will not happen major changes ... but many will not believe it anyway.

there is realy no reason to say the vehicles work like a "sim" or anything related to that. Yet, many people come to this game with exactly this expectations ...
I'll quote myself:
RO isn't a "sim level" FPS. It's just a FPS with MORE realism than most other FPS
RO isn't aimed at hardcore sim freaks. The reason the tanks probably won't be made realistic is due to gameplay/balance factor. They want to keep it accessable to casual players which is understandable since thats most of the people that play RO. If they just catered to hardcore sim guys that wouldn't be enough people for them to make enough money to survive. For people that require realism and welcome the challenge it brings we have the AB mutator very thankfully. People that like alot of realism are in the minority which is how it's always been no matter what type of war game it is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.