• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

starcraft 2 is official *with pics*

Are you guys nuts? Lollipop colours? The look is almost exactly the same as that of Starcraft I. And I appreciate that. It's actually a nice change from the usual "completely change every factions units and their looks on every new release" (see command & conquer).

I expect this to be Starcraft with better graphics and some new nuances here and there. And the typical awesome story-driven single player campaign.

But yeah that's how it always goes: A follower to a famous game gets announced and after 2 screenshots and 1 video people know that it's going to suck. Then it becomes a big hit anyway.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeh i like starcraft but i'd have prefered to see diablo 3 or this diablo mmo thats been hinted at...i miss those games.

p.s. the vids look ok but starcraft was a very good but quite generic RTS is was the pinnacle of the basic RTS in many ways i know it will upset a lot of people but simply cloning it into a 3d engine may be a big mistake but i have no doubt blizzard will pull something amazing out of the bag...just not the game i was hoping for :(.

Upvote 0
From the FAQ: "What will StarCraft II's rating be?
We are aiming for a T-rating in the US, and similar ratings elsewhere in the world, but those details won't be finalized until we get closer to release."

In Starcraft the marines FRICKIN' EXPLODED when they died. I guess we aren't seeing that.
Those screenshots look pretty bloody.

Upvote 0