• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Europa Barbarorum - mod for RTW

Mine is definately Arche Seleukeia. Both because of it's interesting history and because of the cool units. (Thorakitai Argyraspidai and Hellenikoi Kataphraktoi for example :D) Though their position on the campaign map is quite hard, as you are bordering half the factions in the game from the start.

My second favourite faction is Karthadastim.

Upvote 0
So far Im following a campaign strangely remiscent of real history. Right now fighting in Spain and in Africa. I've got a Sweboz horde moving in on Patavium but so far they are far away. And christ the Seleucids have taken most of the East. They nearly wiped out the Ptolemai I think they have one city left.

Upvote 0
About auto resolving - very important.

For those who play on VH/VH (my default setting :D ) auto-resolving is a no-no. You can lose it even with 1000 soldiers over the enemy. So watch it. Unless you have super experienced troops, equal numbers will result in a disaster.

auto_win attacker and auto_win defender are your friends. I am in a romani campaign and I use them a lot for battles I know I can win but can't be arsed to play on the field *yet again*. I'm in year 160 (yeah, that means 460 turns + ) and can't be arsed fighting the 2 or 3 battles a turn against Averni around Emporion, Massalia or Cisalpin Gaul that I know I would win (my garrisons there, though mostly local auxilia, are big and with gold experience...)

Upvote 0