• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hitler's car stolen / Der F

Pretty much sums it up. They talk about how the Soviets are advancing and Hitler replies "Steiner's attack will set that all right." When they inform him that Steiner will not attack he sends most people out and then more or less has a nervous breakdown in front of the remaining staff. After accusing his men of betrayal he says the war is lost now and that he'll rather shoot himself in the head than leave Berlin. Then he tells them they shall do whatever they want.

If memory serves me right most of this scene is based on Albert Speers memoirs, so it's more or less accurate.

Upvote 0
I have seen Der Utergang in theaters with subtitles, its an AMAZING film. I have alot of respect for the movie its self. Its one of the most breath taking films I have ever seen. To bad I dont know german, so i could listion to it with a better feel. But, any how, i found the youtube video pretty funny. Nothing less :)

Upvote 0
Who said anything about ignorance of the language being funny: what is funny is that the conversation is so obviously out of proper context. Its that disconnect that is the surprise in the joke.
In that case, it would have been best cutting out the sound altogether.

IIRC, the Flight Simulator X thing didn't have any sound when I watched it, and yes, I did find that one hilarious although (or because?) I had watched the movie before.

I wasn't particularly referring to this joke, however, some of Monty Python's stuff (eg funnies joke in the world) is pretty darn stupid because of the completely improper German (not even using real words).
And that's coming from someone who otherwise loves their stuff, so...

Upvote 0
Although I do not have the real subs for this clip... Im sure the "real movie" isnt as funny, but cmon.... You guys are getting carried away, its meant to be funny...

"Anyone who is completely retarded leave the room now" I laughed my *** off when that came up...

Point being that Hitler is an ***, and if there is any clip that ever pokes fun at him or makes him sound stupid, it is always funny! :D

Upvote 0