• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Europa Barbarorum - mod for RTW

Except for the fact that there is no "Make something Creative/ Make Total War", so we dont have licenses on our hands, or CA would be out of business by now. :D
Haha, so true! :D

Are you guys contemplating about making something similar for M2TW (seeing as there is supposed to be some MTR, too)?

I would highly appreciate :)

EDIT: The Torrent DL doesn't seem to work...
Haven't tried regular DL but seeing as it doesn't even offer a torrent file I doubt that would work any better :(

Upvote 0
I dL'd the torrent at first but there were virtually no seeders
Well, it worked ok for me last time (0.81a that was) and I'm preferring torrents simply because it helps saving the developer's bandwidth and is ususally faster than a direct DL on release day for me.

Anyway, as it looks like, none of the DL possibilities work for me, always getting a "page cannot be displayed" error :(

Upvote 0
All things aside EB is probably the best mod for RTW at the moment. While it may not be as pretty as say, RtR it does everything very well. Its one big pill to swallow though since there are so many new things and changes. I think my problem with it is time commitment. I want to play more of it but I rarely have a chance to.

Upvote 0
Historically, yes. Because of the fact that they were skilled, they couldnt just take a blow and die instantly. Especially experienced troops were very hard to kill, as they knew the enemy very well. And after more than 20-30-40 battles, you get a hang of what the enemy could react, and you can defend much better.

There's a 0.82 coming up, full proper install, contains 0.81+patch+hotfix+CTD fixes+some small bug fixing. That should help you guys. :)

Upvote 0
hey Eddyz, is it normal that in combat the units seem to take a much longer time to kill each other than in normal RTW?
Compared to all other TW games, Rome battels feel totally arcadish even with the option ticked off!

When I was playing some Vanilla RTW after having been busy wqith M2TW for quite a while, I was shocked at how fast one BI mission battle was actually over!
Everyone was fighting and running as if on steriods... :/

Now, some folks may like a battle not to take too long (short attention span maybe), but if I want it quick and dirty I can always auto-resolve.
I really don't mind some large-scale, important, epic battle to last a full hour - if it is fun throughout, there's nothing bad about that!

There's a 0.82 coming up, full proper install, contains 0.81+patch+hotfix+CTD fixes+some small bug fixing. That should help you guys. :)
Great, then I will hold out for that one :D

Upvote 0
Compared to all other TW games, Rome battels feel totally arcadish even with the option ticked off!

When I was playing some Vanilla RTW after having been busy wqith M2TW for quite a while, I was shocked at how fast one BI mission battle was actually over!

Now, some folks may like a battle not to take too long (short attention span maybe), but if I want it quick and dirty I can always auto-resolve.
I really don't mind some large-scale, important, epic battle to last a full hour - if it is fun throughout, there's nothing bad about that!

I didn't say I didn't like it, I just wanted to make sure it was working properly

Upvote 0

Slower fights are very important when you have 4 units of Hastati and Elite Italian infantry blocking a sallying Gallic horde out of Mediolanum while your actual field army attacks from the other side with 5 battering rams. Oh that was a fight! I had 2 armies sieging Mediolanum and they obviously sallied out against the weaker western force. But instead of withdrawing or fighting in the open I charged my little force directly at the enemy gate in the hopes of slowing them down while my second army deployed and marched to the eastern walls. And the best part is that they succeeded in driving the gauls back into the town too! The second army did the rest of the bloody work (cost me 888 Romans).

Upvote 0