• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Eurovision

I hope you know that this stuff is not what Yurps listen to.. there is some strange tradition with the Eurovision, that the "music" has to be the kind you see here, its stuck in a timewarp..

Like many i had hoped Lordi's show last time had set some change in motion, but no such luck, its back to buisness as usual, hell people even vote as they allways have.

And _MB_, please explain the point! i honestly see none, i really dont see why it has to be this bad.. hell knows there are tons of great amature bands out there that would eat all of thease "contestants" alive, why not showcase them and get some real music on the stage? why do they insist on this retro pop crap?

You're just in a huff because you didn't get past semifinals :)

Because it is supposed to be camp. Lordi was just as camp as Scooch. What are the tunes you remember? The serious ones? I can't even remember the melody of Serbia's entry. The only thing I remember is the Farrah Fawcett hairstyles.

Upvote 0
You're just in a huff because you didn't get past semifinals :)

Because it is supposed to be camp. Lordi was just as camp as Scooch. What are the tunes you remember? The serious ones? I can't even remember the melody of Serbia's entry. The only thing I remember is the Farrah Fawcett hairstyles.

Wrong, very wrong! infact every year i hope and pray that we dont win! because if we do.. ohh man.. then the radio will play the winning "song" all freakin year! :mad:

Which i remember? only Lordi's, i dont watch the Eurovision, i made an exception last year because i heard Finland had a GWAR'ish metal band playing, this year, i think i watched a grand total of 2 minutes worth whilst channel surfing durring comercial breaks (thankfully i missed the danish entry), just to see if last year had changed things, but it was the same old crap.

But seriously, if its camp for the sake of camp, then why not go full out? then it might actually become funny, in a sad sort of way, but funny all the same, as it is, its just.. painfull.

Upvote 0
Yes sadly my country has its share of people with no taste in music :(

AT LEAST I can hide behind the fact that my country didn't spawn them, you Europeans created ABBA in the first place, Scandinavians too weren't they???

:p

Dont be so narrow minded abba had some catchy tunes there's nothing wrong with what they did! btw this is coming from a guy who hates most pop music.

Upvote 0
Here in the US, we also have a crappy music competition, called American Idol(hate that show). BTW, that song by The Ark reminds me of The Partridge Family theme song.

We have this idol BS in here to :mad:, last time I watched it a EMO guy was singing Nothing Else Matters.

We even had The Simple Life. We arent missing anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember we had a great Eurovision thread last year, I can't be bothered to find/post a link though.

As usual us Brits seemed to try to find a 'typical' Eurovision song and enter that then the rest of Europe laugh at us for getting it completely wrong. Still, it's worth watching with a few beers to listen to Terry Wogan's sarcastic and sniping comments!

Upvote 0
As usual us Brits seemed to try to find a 'typical' Eurovision song and enter that then the rest of Europe laugh at us for getting it completely wrong.

Well last year I can't deny the fact I couldn't stop laughing for that song.

And this year I literally was crying for laughter. With all the respect it was just so damm... well let's say hilarious in the negative way :p

Upvote 0
i "liked" ukraine best, serbia is awfull.
i was switching channels all the time, the first few seconds of the songs are usually enough to make me wanna throw up.
here in belgium we have a special situation, one year its the south of belgium(walloonia) that sends a group, and the next year its the north (flanders) (north and south dont go along verry well actually, like n and s korea lol)
this year walloonia send a contestant, they just picked the worst possible group without even holding a contest. and sent them over there: result we were 3rd last.
but another problem no one mentioned is that big countries with many emigrants get always lots of votes from other countries in wich those emigrants happen to live...
example, turkey always get most points from germany, and by coincidence there are millions of turks living in germany... same for russia, they had horrible song, but ended up 3rd...

they should stop "eurovision song contest", or rename it to "who has the most emigrants song contest?"

Upvote 0
here in belgium we have a special situation, one year its the south of belgium(walloonia) that sends a group, and the next year its the north (flanders) (north and south dont go along verry well actually, like n and s korea lol)
It's even worse, you don't even speak the same language (Dutch vs French)! :D

they should stop "eurovision song contest", or rename it to "who has the most emigrants song contest?"
Yeah, it's always those stupid people ruining it.
I mean, frankly, our last year's contribution sucked outsight.
It didn't even sound remotely like country music.
Even if I had been in the situation of being able to vote for my own country, I wouldn't.

This year, I didn't want the ESC (last year I only watched for Lordi, anyway :p), but even if I wanted to, I couldn't because I was where there was no TV...
I didn't knew my country's sond until I came across this very thread and thanks to the links given, watched it on the ESC website.

The lyrics weren't too great, IMO, but the sound was fine.
At least not your typical pop song or some stupid five-words-make the-whole-lyrics stuff

Upvote 0