• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berezina should be a smaller map.

I didnt ask to change the map, but make a second version that is smaller
and the players can choose it (depending more/less players on the server).

Like Legoman said, if the map is so great and everybody loves it, why not made a redux version? :rolleyes:

On the server do not so many people like this map like on the forum. On a public server it is often very boring, so I read everytime, when Berezina is played, that at least half of the players do not like it. When it comes to the last objectives, the attaking and defending force is no longer divided, which provides actually much fun to play. ;-) So a smaller version would be good, but after the patch we will see if Berezina gets popular or if it is a "very good map", which gets no love.

Upvote 0
On the server do not so many people like this map like on the forum. On a public server it is often very boring, so I read everytime, when Berezina is played, that at least half of the players do not like it. .

Well, that's because most people (including me) will stay on the 50 player server even if it's a map they don't like. Because if you leave, you may not be able to join later.

BDJ is even worse than Berezina. Half of the players are not even capable tankers, but they stick around to play on the next map.

Since there's no other servers to go to, the players never get "filtered out".

Upvote 0
Because I don't believe is doing alternate versions. Personal choice. I make one map and it goes as it goes, good or bad. And it would be too much time to rework the map, which I am sick to death of, honestly. The only thing I would consider doing would be 32 vs 50 player versions but the way I make most of my maps, they are better suited to more players anyway.

@Slyk, I've mentioned it before but can I persuade you to build a June/July '44 reversed 50+ player version of the map, set during Operation Bagration, with the Soviets doing the the blitzkreig bop, & the 12th Panzer Division haulin their asses back, as Army Group Centre collapses & is desperately trying to slow down the battlegroups of 4th Guards Cavalry Corps & 1st Mechanised Corps. This would be an entirely different twist to this beauty of a map & be historically accurate into the bargain! Also not a great deal of extra mapping work I imagine (Not that I know anything about map making:):eek::)), a few extra destroyed buildings replacing existing ones to show the passage of war & additional german built defenses / trenches. Pak40s on the map would IMHO be most sublime indeed! :cool: (if that has to be waited on ...so be it.).

Units for this battle could be Panzer IVs & Panzer IIIs (1st battalion was away refitting with Panthers.) & Panzer Grenadiers against IS2, T34/85 & UCs with accompanying infantry. Both sides from what I've read had plentyful artillery available as well. If made as IRL then the map will be a bloodbath for both sides with many casualties.

Just a thought m8, the original rocks & is worthy of a successor, please give it some consideration.;)

Upvote 0