• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RMFMOD with Realwar Server

Tested this mod today.
Penetration - nailed russkie with StG throught the door, which was very pleasant experience.
Supression. It is overmade, I think. If one bullet gazes somewhere not far from you, you get supressed as if an arty round landed ontop of your head. Seriously. Then, that supression effect when bringing up IS - wtf? What for? This annoys me the most. Then we have recoil reduced. I hipshoted russian with MP40 in the Hedgehog farm, he was in one corner, I was in another. Hipshooting is very easy now, me thinks.
There is no tankriding for infantry. Those screenies show only new exit system for tankers - when you press exit vehicle button, your character appears ontop of the tank. T34 has new rounds - apcr, abrc (not sure for spelling), ap and HE. APCR really works, destroyed Panther on Arad in the front plate. Then some PZ killed me, but not my tank - here you go, crew injuries.
Also, try typing suicide in console, you'll get some Mario-like electro sound. :)

Yoshi, try StG against wooden objects. I killed that russian through the red door in Hedgehog farmhouse.

Upvote 0
I've tested this on the PzDF server too, here's the impressions:

Picking up grenades is neat, you usually end up blowing yourself but still a nice addition everyone was crying for.

Locational crew killing didn't work on PzDF server, so we switched to the Japanese one and it worked, I can't comment how well it did though.

New rounds for tanks is great, what is greater is the new loading system. It's really what was RO missing.

New tank entering/exiting, not too much change here. You have to enter the vehicles from certain locations and when you exit, you're on the top of the tank. You may think adding some delay. Please remove the tank turret MG shake as well :)

Thanks for "Voice commands in your head" thing, it was really bugging me off :) (This didn't work on PzDF one too, voice commands were missing)

Machine guns, why did you mess with them? They're very uncontrollable and very inaccurate. Also, greatly reduced sway on the other weapons just mean that MG'ers won't live long in this mod. You should consider some tweaks.

View shake when a tank passes by, it's what I've always wanted but I think how you did in the mod is a bit funny :) You should consider adding some blur along with shaking.

Custom skins/helmets, good. There was a bug on Arad though, spawn as Axis Tank Commander and your hat won't have the correct skin. It just shows the default UED texture.

That's all for now, pretty good mod :)

EDIT: One more thing, I LOVED the thing that when your tracks are out, you can still go around in circles! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IS-2 is really invincible now, I had to drive to a resupply point twice because the ammo ran out;)

There's a nasty bug that makes the turret spin by itself, it doesn't "really" spin, only the sight texture. So when you shoot, the shell goes way right (like the Stug or SU bug). Changing crew positions makes this disappear.

The turret mg shake is overdone IMO in german tanks, so is the shaking when going to ironsights.

The tank combat generally takes way longer now, Arad can be considered fun because there is no mad rushing. I like it.

Upvote 0
Well, this mod rocks to say the least. However, it's far from perfect, I hope you can fix the following:

1. Blur when you ready the iron sights should be removed, instead have blur when someone crouches, stands up, or goes to and from prone. This way, we can stop those pop-up riflemen. :cool: Keep the blur when firing, I like it :D

2. Add motion blur to the ground shake when tanks are nearby.

3. When you pick up a live grenade it works like this:

Grenade idle animation -> pullpin&aim -> throw it

it should be:

Aim animation -> Click to Throw

This way people can pick up grenades and throw them without dying so much.

That's all I can think of the moment. Many thanks for the mod, and I hope the developers can keep improving it! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2. Add motion blur to the ground shake when tanks are nearby.

There is already way too much motion blur in this mod! In that case (tanks passing by) the additional distraction factor seems to be unnecessary.
They should fix (I mean remove) the motion blur when drawing a weapon instead!

I think blur is necessary for tank-shake. When blur happens you instinctively think "I must get out of here, get away from the blur . . ." which will fit to tanks beautifully :)

Upvote 0