• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Theatre of War

The mission it comes with is insane, I can't believe I actually beat it. All that was left of my forces was one Tiger (and another one I had sheltered a couple of injured troops in) that was part of the last little wave or reinforcements. If I was a German general I would make the crew of that tank the heroes of the Reich, for if it wasn't for their heroics the battle would have been lost. They destroyed 7 tanks and killed 9 infantry in desperate last stand.

The heroes:
grab200742021415437xc4.jpg

The statistics:
grab200742021454453mo9.jpg

Upvote 0
give that man a medal! Which you probbaly can seeing the bottom left of the pic in campaign mode :)

whnt more spice?

try these on the mission xml files..

dont knwo if its allowed or not but i changed a value in the xml file listed as Playerarmy and i played the mission as the russians, attacking is more fun lol. it was odd though, the germans started out with 2 75mm paks hooked to trucks on the big hill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can also change the map and daytime,
i use the caenmap for the seelowmission because it's much more interesting to fight on the wide and flat area

Upvote 0
Well, Im quite pleased with the English version, though there are some noticable differences between this one and the Russian (Some that I like, and others that I dont really like).

1. English version definantly has alot longer spotting distance and engagement distance. In the Russian version, I had to run a spotter out pass 1000yrds to engage tanks at that distance (couldnt see them otherwise) - like

2. English version missions landscape is different. There seem to be alot more trees, and some levels (like the American mission stopping the german offensive) have alot more urban area. - like

3. English version has alot more KO hits that completely disable tanks. In the Russian version, it was just as quick to KO tanks, but the tanks were more prone to just losing the entire crew, thereby allowing the tank to be captured vs. now where almost every tank is completey and utterly destroyed. Also, besides allowing me to capture enemy tanks, it allowed me to recrew my own KO'ed tanks, especially those shermans. - dislike

4. English version has a few new bugs (though they should be taken care of soon). Like yesterday, I was playing the American Single mission where you attack the german trenches on the hill. Well, there were absolutely no germans up in any of the positions, so after taking the forward trenches, I got a new reinforcements alert. Well, all of a sudden, all the germans that should have been there just appeared, including men in the trenches, HMG's, and ATG's. - dislike

5. Well, off-map mortars I guess, but everyone knew that. - like

Thats all I can really think of right now, but ill keep playing. Really though, I think all the good heavily outweighs the bad.

Upvote 0
That demo mission was pretty damn tough. I did beat it though, without even getting my third wave of reinforcements.

A lot of the SPGs I got with the second wave were spread out, Jagdpanthers and Nashorn, and they basically went to work on fighting the Russians. I lost one Panther because it either got shot in the rear or the Russians used some crazy anti tank weapon (RPG-43, maybe?). I guess that's what I get for trying to run them over and not realizing that I had to set the coaxial/hull MGs to assault or something like that.

That, and performance was a bit laggy. I'll have to tone down my settings a bit I imagine.

Upvote 0
I've played it about five times now and I love it, all except for the tank AI, I have to friggin' babysit them if I don't want to lose them. last time I played when the second group of reinforcements arrived I set them to attack different targets from the top of the hill and what do they do? they friggin' hold fire and drive within grenade range of the russian infantry. then, when I tell them to get the hell out of dodge, the driver decides that instead of reversing, he should turn around and expose his rear to the enemy. ugh!

this could be a great game, it just needs a bit more work in the AI department.

Upvote 0