• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blitzkrieg 1940, ww2 Diorama I made when I was 14 (56k non-friendly)

Here's a ww2 diorama I did when I was around 14 years old.

I thought it might interest some of you and it also contains the Renault R-35 that'll be in carpathian Crosses. :)

Note that the panzer is missing its tracks which is a damn shame... and I don't remember why anymore. Maybe it had to do with me not wanting to use the low quality Tamiya tracks I got with it or something else.. the point is they are not there. :(

Also note that the scale is 1:35 which means a soldier is appromiatively as tall as a "Bic" lighter: painting most of the uniform details was a pain in the ass. :D

I don't remember how many hours I spent building, assembling and painting all of this but it was A LOT, probably as much as some of you gifted crazy mappers did. :D

The panzer from the side:

pict0405cw1.jpg

The panzer from behind note the painted rust effect on the exhaust:
pict0407rv9.jpg

Front of the panzer, note the wood effect with oil painting on the sch

Thanks for the nice words guys :)
I was wondering how you did the water? Is it the layer-upon-layer of glue thing?
I glued a white plastic sheet, painted it with an olive drab kind of color then put varnish on it, which made the plastic - as an unwanted but nice effect - slightly bend: making it look like the water isn't "still".

Upvote 0
Very nice, espesically for 14! But where's the Panzer's tracks?
I don't remember precisely no more, it was ten years ago. :eek:

Like I said in the first post it was probably because I didn't want to use the low quality tamiya tracks that were included with the panzer but never got around buying or finding the high (and expensive) ones that you assemble piece by piece. :(

Upvote 0
1:35 is a cool scale to work on. Though ive never been very good at the painting, i loved to assemble them. ive got a little diorama too, i'll see if i can make some pictures of it soon.
It has a motorcycle with sidecar, with an mg34 on it, plus 2 occupants and an extra soldier holding a map ( driver is asking for directions ). behind that, i put a 'captured' willies jeep, with on its back a wounded soldier covered in blood, and another soldier holding an mp40 running towards the car to occupy the driver seat.

it all isnt of great quality, but for me personally it looks really well.

Upvote 0