• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Theatre of War

yes^^ but its more of a battle maker, you cant make new maps, but there are alot of huge maps on wich you can select the playable area, choose the units each team has etc...

BTW, does the game cover the ardennes battle?? I didnt see anything like it...

no there is already a scenario maker that comes with the game, but some one from Battlefront leaked a rumour that 1C were making a map maker for future release.... :D

Upvote 0
I don't normally like playing strategy type games BUT after just trying the CMBB demo a week or so ago I really liked many things about it mainly the awesome attention to RL tank values, armor & gun penetration data. (some things I did not like). I've never seen a strategy game that is based on accurate RL WW2 data and seems to made by people that put realism as their primary objective. So this Theatre of War is made by the CMBB people? It looks like it takes CMBB to the next level of ultimate realistic WW2 warfare. I will most definitley keep an eye on it and hopefully they'll release a demo for it.

Hi Quietus. :) Yeah, I play CMBB and CMAK alot for those same reasons you do. Just to set the facts straight, ToW is made by a russian developer. it's been released over there already (some months ago, IIRC), but it was a buggy mess. the Folks at Battlefront (makers of CMBB/CMAK are fixing it up and getting it up to standards set by the CMBB series.

I am sure they are correcting for historical accuracy and fixing the problems with gameplay, etc. when it's released, my guess it will be a really nice end product.

BTW, check out the CMBB thread in here somewhere. there are alot of us that play. right now, I have got a PBEM game going in CMBB with a co-worker here at the office. it's really fun!

if you want to get a PBEM game going (it's really easy) with me, just hit me up with a PM here, or, check the contact info I gave in the CMBB thread.

cheers!

Upvote 0
Is there will be included alignment of tank? For example tiger will stand to enemy tank through bevel so armor will be more difficult to penetrate

3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure entirely. I know that angles are taken into account and it seem obliquity is too. In one of the single missions, youre supposed to defend a village against a german attack. They come down a road and over a hill in large numbers of tanks and infantry. Over the hill always comes this damned Hetzer and is always slightly oblique to me (usually firing at the first of my line of Sherman 76's). Unless it comes 90 to me or I get a lucky shot, he'll usually take a good amount of hits before I get some penetrating shots in (he actually came a little ways down the hill, and after a few hits to the upper side of his hull [which is already angled at 60], I finally got a killing shot through the top of his tank :eek: ).

A good note is, that I believe localized hits are taken into account. Usually my tank crews will get killed down to two guys (shifting within the tank to the driver and gunner), and Ill take hits in the radio operator (hull gunner) and loader areas that wont kill anyone. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0