• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
How about this for an explanation?

You look at the clock all the time. Purely by chance, a couple of times in a row you saw the number, which stuck in your head because of the three 3's. After that you look at the clock lots but if it's not 3:33 you don't even notice that you are checking it. So, when it is actually 3:33 you think that it is showing you that a disproportionately high number of times.

....or your clock is buggered.

Upvote 0
Thats what I was thinking, internal clocks are very interesting. But I'm just curious, why 3:33...lol if it was like 2:19 I wouldn't think much of it, but 3 3s is a damn wierd coincidence.

You said it right there: if it was like 2:19 you wouldn't think much of it.

The fact is, you have looked at the clock tons of times and never put it into your long term memory because it was forgettable. 3:33 is more memorable, so it sticks with you.

Upvote 0
Damn Dingbat beat me to it, you've probably looked at the clock lots of times but just dismissed it because it's not your 3:33 situation.

This kinda happens to me, i'll be thinking of something in a Simpsons episode over and over for whatever reason then the next day or that night that episode will be on tv, logically i probably think of plenty of funny things from TV shows all the time, but when i see the simpsons, click! hey i predicted it :D

Upvote 0
11:11 and 2:23

Though one time, back in 9th grade science, we were watching that ****ty movie twister, because obviously it has scientific value. Anyway during a quick scene i saw 666 on a digital insrument, then while at home on the same day, i was playing CSS and the server has a voice file for each second of the final 10 till the bomb goes off. Right as the sound file for 6 played, a lag spike occured and i got 666 yelled at me.

Interesting synchs of our minds and day.

About internal clocks, in 6th grade i would always do my homework at 2:00 AM, i would go to bed and think about waking up at 2, always worked with around 5-10 mins give or take.

our minds are very interesting tools.

Upvote 0