• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Small Sniper Rant

I like the idea of having a sniper icon for death messages, but it doesn't fit with what I thought was the same concept as all the other death messages.

I thought in Red Orchesta, you are supposed to see what kind of bullet killed you in the death messages (at least that was the pattern), not what the enemies sight looked like.

If I get killed by an unscoped kar should I see what the kar98k's sights look like instead of the actual bullet? Same goes for any other gun.

Upvote 0
DAnzig has to be the best map to show off the true power of the SVT40 scoped.
i had a nice, long, and challenging sniper duel today with EvilCookie. man, that was one of the best games ive ever played, soo much fun. I didnt even try and find a good hiding spot, i just went to the main windows, and crept out.
the svt is awesome in those situations where you see 2 or more enemies running across a small open section and know you wouldnt have the time to kill ALL of them with a bolt.

Upvote 0
Agreed, and how are the snipers different from machine gunners? So, we don't have the same excuse of "people want to see how they are doing, blah blah"? If they would give us those shiny icon, I'm sure whole screen will be filled with them . . . :) Anyway, we just need
the calibers of the rounds, not special kill icons. If you want to see which class killed you, use F1.(Unless on a realism server)

Upvote 0
yeap i think the sniper scope is pretty retarded also I thought it was right the last time. What if someone picks up a sniper rifle it should be part of the game figuring out was he close was he far and is he sniper class maybe he picked up a sniper rifle? all questions that should be asked because you can cause confusion and use it as a weapon also.

I wouldnt be against having a headshot icon for all classses

Upvote 0
i think the sniper icon is a good feature, if you were in stalingrad i bet your fellow comrades would be yelling across to one another warning of sniper activity in the area. the icon negates the need for someone shouting it on the comms which rarely happens or even using the vsays.

Upvote 0
I hardly ever get sniper(I have a Dell without a graphics card and less than a half gig of ram) but when I do I am happy. I gave up onit because I couldn't hit anything with my framerates but I switched it to textured were it looks like CoD scoped. I played Red October and owned with the MN scoped on the first 2 objectives then switched to SVT on the second 2 and had around 90 points with no caps or mg resupplies in 1 round. i usually snipe with a ppsh because I have no recoil bug. I can hit someone across a map with it.

Upvote 0
Teamkillers for snipers just makes me want to go to their house and kick their asses. Was having my best night with a sniper, had 35 kills and no deaths. Then some n00b kid comes up and tks for the sniper. Then the kid tryed to bunny hop with it like he was playing CS, and everytime he saw me, he'd kill me just to get the sniper only to die. He had no kills an a crap lot of deaths. Then he said in l337 talk or something,"th15 g@y 1 g0 pl@y CS n0w!"

Upvote 0
Hasn't happened to me in a couple of months, the TK'ing me for a sniper that is.

What does happen is that i get followed around by someone who wants the sniper. So i get into the perfect position for the situation and this dude just keeps giving away my position in the hopes that i get killed and he can pick up my rifle.

I'd rather be killed than to be stalked around o_O

Upvote 0
same here

the last time I was TKd for my weapon was for my PPSH41 by a rifleman I think, and before that shot in my hand for my LMG. I dont usually go sniper, as I prefer a non scoped bolt action but it depends on the map. The semi autos are good for some things- on odessa as the russains I like to take a semi auto into the apartments, go up the first set of stairs where there are two adjoining rooms (at the soviet end of the appartments). The doorway between them can cover both sets of stairs, two doorways and a corrdor. A SMG is just a bit too inaccurate at 20m for reliable kills, and a bolt is too slow. The Semi auto is perfect for a aimed kill, but you can snap off a few rounds quickly if you need to. I can also rest on the doorframe and cover both doors. Usually the germs pile in the two doors or up the stairs and you can get about 5-8 kills before I get stormed. A lot of the germs that go into the apartments die allowing the rest of the allies to cap more easily.

Upvote 0
A few days ago I was playing Danzig, I took the russian sniper class (taking my normal bolt action nagant) soon discovered that it was more trouble than it was worth, so I switched to the svt40 sniper (I never use it normally because I cant hit stuff with it) and completely owned the map with it. aside from the round just starting (got killed twice) I went 2 whole rounds without being killed and racking well over 20 kills. I even ran out of ammo at one point.

Lesson to learn kiddies... the svt is a pretty good close range sniper, just pace yourself while shooting.:)
and danzig has amazing hiding spots

Yea! Danzig is the best map next to Odessa for the scoped G43 and SVT40. Good hiding places and the right distance for them.

The SVT Sniper isnt that bad...

I tried the G43 Sniper...

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Rifle...
Could not Hit ANYTHING with that...

Or maybe it was just me

make sure while shoting with the semi-automatic snipers, that your rifle is rested somewhere. That gives magicaly the accuracy that makes it near as accurate like the bolt snipers. I hit that way targets usualy always with the 1 first shot, when I sometimes need 2 or 3. Anyway never understood why "resting" makes weapons more accurate, when it just should reduce the recoil. But maybe its just my feeling.

Upvote 0