• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Minsk Outskirts Beta 4

Did the germans bring in the architects and cleaning maids for these trenches?They are sooo nice,straight and square that a grenade would ruin any family picnic the germans were bound to be having in them!I admire your efforts dude but this is what they were like:

http://www-cgsc.army.mil/carl/resources/csi/wray/images/figure7.gif
Your first line trenches are cool but there is a need for getting boards on the both sides of your trenches so troopes can shoot out of them in defence and attack. At the moment the mg'ers are doing the fighting from their elevated little stronpoints and the rest are running around the trenches aimlessly.
Keep up the good work:)

Upvote 0
http://www-cgsc.army.mil/carl/resources/csi/wray/images/figure7.gif
Your first line trenches are cool but there is a need for getting boards on the both sides of your trenches so troopes can shoot out of them in defence and attack. At the moment the mg'ers are doing the fighting from their elevated little stronpoints and the rest are running around the trenches aimlessly.
Keep up the good work:)
I'll use that to remake the very front line of trenches. It will be quick and easy since they are made out of the terrain. The trenches infront of the village are a different story.

Upvote 0
I think I found what the problem was for some servers. I'll release beta 5 tomorrow with some other changes. Since alot people seem to like those MG nests at the front of the trenches I made them larger. New trench network infront of the village. Some changes and retexturing to the architecture in the village and the last German spawn has been moved back and remade.

Failed to load 'Corpse': Can't find file for package 'Corpse'
Failed to load 'RO-Minsk-Outskirts-1944_Beta4.rom': Can't find file for package
'Corpse'
Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'Corpse'
Failed to enter RO-Minsk-Outskirts-1944_Beta4.rom?Mutator=RORoundLimitMut.RORoun
dLimitMut?deathmessagemode=3?FriendlyFireScale=1?FFPunishment=1?PreStartTime=60?
TimeLimit=0?FFKillLimit=5?FFDamageLimit=500?VACSecure=true?game=ROEngine.ROTeamG
ame?MinPlayers=0?: Can't find file for package 'Corpse'
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Failed to enter RO-Minsk-Outskirts-1944_Beta4.rom?Mutator=RORoundLimitMut.RORoun
dLimitMut?deathmessagemode=3?FriendlyFireScale=1?FFPunishment=1?PreStartTime=60?
TimeLimit=0?FFKillLimit=5?FFDamageLimit=500?VACSecure=true?game=ROEngine.ROTeamG
ame?MinPlayers=0?: Can't find file for package 'Corpse'

Upvote 0
I think your map has some potential, but as a player I have to say I did not find this map very entertaining.

Frankly speaking, it is WAY too difficult for the Russians to take the first cap zone. The Germans have a Panther (the best tank in the game), and there are simply waaaay to many fausts around.

Whenever you build an assault map, you need the attackers to have a pretty good advantage. Unfortunately, you haven't accounted for that. My recomendation is simply to drop the ALL the tanks AND the fausts and somehow limit the use of the Bren Carriers to the first part of the map. This way, the Bren carriers will give the Russians a little bit of extra firepower to take that first zone, and then they'll have the artillery to help them with the rest of this map.

If you MUST have tanks, I recommend you give them ONLY to the russians and give the Germans a couple of faust guys. Ideally, fausts could be pickup only like or Gorlitz.

I've played this map a few times and on relatively full maps, it's basically impossible for the russians to get past the first objective. The Germans have WAY too much firepower initially.

I would also reconsider putting the last objective BEHIND the German spawn (at least that's where it appears to be), since that will promote spawn camping.

Sorry to sound harsh. Like I said, your map has potential, but definately needs tweaking or you'll just see the Germans teamstack every time.

Upvote 0
I think your map has some potential, but as a player I have to say I did not find this map very entertaining.

Frankly speaking, it is WAY too difficult for the Russians to take the first cap zone. The Germans have a Panther (the best tank in the game), and there are simply waaaay to many fausts around.

Whenever you build an assault map, you need the attackers to have a pretty good advantage. Unfortunately, you haven't accounted for that. My recomendation is simply to drop the ALL the tanks AND the fausts and somehow limit the use of the Bren Carriers to the first part of the map. This way, the Bren carriers will give the Russians a little bit of extra firepower to take that first zone, and then they'll have the artillery to help them with the rest of this map.

If you MUST have tanks, I recommend you give them ONLY to the russians and give the Germans a couple of faust guys. Ideally, fausts could be pickup only like or Gorlitz.

I've played this map a few times and on relatively full maps, it's basically impossible for the russians to get past the first objective. The Germans have WAY too much firepower initially.

I would also reconsider putting the last objective BEHIND the German spawn (at least that's where it appears to be), since that will promote spawn camping.

Sorry to sound harsh. Like I said, your map has potential, but definately needs tweaking or you'll just see the Germans teamstack every time.
You played the out dated beta 2 on FK.

Upvote 0