• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Minsk Outskirts Beta 4

Hehe, the grass texture scaling worked wonders. Now it looks great.
There's one small thing though, the fog colour doesn't completely match with the fog ring SMesh. You can use the select tool for the fog colour, so then it will be a complete match with the SMesh. Then you can't see any objects popping up in the distance. It's nothing major because it already is almost the same, but something you might wanna change for the final version.

Upvote 0
looks nice, I think that this map may become best MAP in the future.:)

The point where I noticed

-You put many trees. You can put up FPS in Antiportal, Put Antiportal with the ground of a hill.
-Please coordinate FadeoutRadius of Decolayers.
-Please intercept a window and an entrance of a house in Zoneportal, And put ZoneInfo in a house.
-Please match an Event tag of Volume with OBJ.

Sorry, bad english.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Drecks

Some older and not so popular maps are no longer in our rotation. We replace every older beta-version with the new one or the final-version, to give everyone the possibility to play the new maps.

We are running 4 gameservers and not every map was uploaded to all 4 servers.

Here are our 4 servers:

IP: 194.60.68.70:7757 - Only original and popular custom-maps
IP: 194.60.68.70:6656 - Only popular custom-maps and every new map
IP: 85.14.218.188:7757 - Infantery-maps only (popular and new maps)
IP: 85.14.218.188:6656 - Tanks- and combined-maps only (popular and new maps)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-You put many trees. You can put up FPS in Antiportal, Put Antiportal with the ground of a hill.
-Please coordinate FadeoutRadius of Decolayers.
-Please intercept a window and an entrance of a house in Zoneportal, And put ZoneInfo in a house.
Sorry, bad english.:)
There are anti-portals at the front and back of the trenches. I plan to add more for the final version. The Decolayers fadeout radius and tree cull distance both coincide with the fog. The houses in the village are not final, I plan to remake them to look more like a typical Ukrainian house. Then I'll add zone portals in the doors and windows.

-Please match an Event tag of Volume with OBJ.
I don't quite understand what you mean here. The objective capzones are defined by volumes.

I'll play around with the fog color some more.

Upvote 0
There are anti-portals at the front and back of the trenches. I plan to add more for the final version. The Decolayers fadeout radius and tree cull distance both coincide with the fog. The houses in the village are not final, I plan to remake them to look more like a typical Ukrainian house. Then I'll add zone portals in the doors and windows.

I don't quite understand what you mean here. The objective capzones are defined by volumes.

I'll play around with the fog color some more.

The problem of Volumes was my misunderstanding. sry.:eek:
As for FadeoutRadius of Decolayers, the one that lowered some numerical value than FOG is better.
Refer to official map.:)

Upvote 0
One of the other server admins care to help him with this? Other servers are running it fine.

OK, after seeing his difficulties were not alleviated, I decided to do some testing..

The map does NOT show up in the practice mode map list on any of our client/player machines.

I cannot find the map running on any server in the server browser, so please... if any Admin is running the map successfully, let us know.

Upvote 0
If there is any missing custom content, like statics or other models which are not in the mylevel or other package, it will not show up. If you are running a batch file you can edit it to start off with this map or in the browser tool, rotate the map up then check the .bat output and look for errors. You will see what is missing and why the map will not load.

Upvote 0
I think I found what the problem was for some servers. I'll release beta 5 tomorrow with some other changes. Since alot people seem to like those MG nests at the front of the trenches I made them larger. New trench network infront of the village. Some changes and retexturing to the architecture in the village and the last German spawn has been moved back and remade.

Upvote 0