• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

A little overeacting calling people that I think. Anyway resume S.T.A.L.K.E.R. chat. (I put the dots in this time for proper acronym-ism oh yeah!)

Words are words, it's the intent behind them that matters. Is anyone reading that really gay? Did anyone take it mean it as a gay epithet? When I curse it's usually for humorous intent because using it seriously is beneath mild intellect.

I call my friends fags or douchebags all the time , and we just laugh about it. So I guess I just have a different perspective on the matter.

Upvote 0
Words are words, it's the intent behind them that matters. Is anyone reading that really gay? Did anyone take it mean it as a gay epithet? When I curse it's usually for humorous intent because using it seriously is beneath mild intellect.

I call my friends fags or douchebags all the time , and we just laugh about it. So I guess I just have a different perspective on the matter.
Thing is, we're strangers, not friends and he wouldn't do such a thing in real life.

Upvote 0
You're all nubs.

Anyway

Installed new Forceware drivers, and, in addition to the Stalker patch, have been getting reasonable frames throughout the game. The place where I got awful awful frames before (once you come out of X18) was rather smooth. Underground segments, which were problematic before, also run well (but not excellent when there are multiple light sources/enemies).

Upvote 0
28911.jpg

Stalker's soundtrack

01 Mutation (music: MoozE)
02 Dead Cities Pt.2 (music: MoozE)
03 Radwind Pt.1 (music: MoozE)
04 Tunnels (music: MoozE)
05 The Thing (music: MoozE)
06 S.A.D. (music: MoozE)
07 Cold/Freezing Out (music: MoozE)
08 Zone Triggers (music: MoozE)
09 Radwind Pt.2 (music: MoozE)
10 Sleeping In Ashes v.2 (music: MoozE)
11 Rads Pt.1 (music: MoozE)
12 Dirge for the Planet (text: О.Яворский, music: FireLake)
13 Fighting unknown (music: FireLake)
14 Against the ionized odds (music: FireLake)

http://games.cnews.ru/files/pafiledb.php?action=license&id=1&file=2151

Upvote 0
Dynamic Lighting / DX9 tweak (BIG Fps boost to those having issues with the DX9(dynamic light) rendering mode = http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalker/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-34287187

Lightning Removal Mod = http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalker/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-34413868&pid=540331

That tweak did not work for me, lowered the visual quality by alot! but did not remove stutters.

My rig will play Stalker on full settings with good frames, but i get thouse "timeouts" every now and again, where the game just hangs for a second, even though the framerate was fine.

Thouse timeouts occur regardless of settings, even if im running at the lowest of low, and even use the lowest resolution the game will muster it happens, so honestly i think its a memory leak or some problem loading objects, its the game engine (or some conflict between the game and hardware/drivers), not our settings, as it seems to occur regardless of your framerates.

Upvote 0
That's because the zones are segmented. I know there's one just after the bus in Garbage heading to the hanger, and another by the bombed out apartment complex heading to the Duty checkpoint. Not sure where they are on the other maps, I've spent a godawful amount of time defending hanger and the scrapyard in Garbage.

Upvote 0
That tweak did not work for me, lowered the visual quality by alot! but did not remove stutters.

My rig will play Stalker on full settings with good frames, but i get thouse "timeouts" every now and again, where the game just hangs for a second, even though the framerate was fine.

Thouse timeouts occur regardless of settings, even if im running at the lowest of low, and even use the lowest resolution the game will muster it happens, so honestly i think its a memory leak or some problem loading objects, its the game engine (or some conflict between the game and hardware/drivers), not our settings, as it seems to occur regardless of your framerates.

Thats the exact same thing Im having. Whats your GPU and OT?

Only checking this game to improve it, to get rid of all the schiesse, an Im already at that factory trying to save Mole....and worst of all- Im starting to get really hooked :eek: ...I even dreamt about the game.
(And I think it even had stutterings in my dream :eek: )

Upvote 0
Thats the exact same thing Im having. Whats your GPU and OT?

Only checking this game to improve it, to get rid of all the schiesse, an Im already at that factory trying to save Mole....and worst of all- Im starting to get really hooked :eek: ...I even dreamt about the game.
(And I think it even had stutterings in my dream :eek: )

Specs are as follows:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
2X GF 7900GTX (SLI - 93.71 drivers)
4GB Corsair TwinX PC3200 RAM
AMD Athlon-64 4800+ X2 (Dual core)
Creative X-FI Elite Pro
Ageing ATA 133 HDD (my SATAII died recently)
WIN-XP Pro with SP2 and all that junk

So not a bad system by any means, and its all running cool when playing Stalker, and as said, at good frames too even at highest settings.

The timeouts usually happens in places that are frame freindly, thats the oddest thing about it, if it was happening where there was lots of stuff going on, it'd make sense, but the worst place is actually walking down the main road in Cordon (from the trader twords the railroad bridge), and theres nothing there really..

Its annoying, but the game is good enough that i haven't given up on it because of it, not yet anyway.

Upvote 0

I am in the same boat mate, I more than meet the recommended specs but I can't even play the game on LOW with any sort of dynamic lighting enabled. Also running it on static I still suffer from horrendous stuttering problems. It also just defies logic why we you're forced to use dx8 effects losing stuff like normal mapping when having static lighting on, we should be able to run DX9 with static lighting. Also from what is being gathered by and large on the internet the majority of people with these issues are using ATI x1000 series cards.

Just one ridiculous poorly coded mess I am afraid, pity because substantively it's a great game and concept, just pieced together in a slipshod fashion.

Also you know what is really infuriating, GSC is officially blaming these problems on over heating hardware on the user end. What a load of bull**** my x1950 doesn't break 60 degrees running this game and the card will happily run an SM3.0 intesive game like CoJ at near 70 degrees for hours on end which is normal for an ATI card. Maybe the temperature sensors have magically been broken by installing Stalker :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Same here and most of the hiccups happen on the Cordon road too!

My rig: E6600, 7900GTX, 2 Gb Corsair, etc...

Btw I was mighty pissed because my gpu can't seem to run dynamic lightning and anyform of AA at the same time... same for you? I notice we have the same gpu?

Though the lack of AA isn't too noticeable in the underground parts nor if you're close to the objects... :confused:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0