• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 5 Release] RO-Berezina

I for one never ever get tired of this map. When I open up RO's browser, 'Berezina' is one of those magnets my eye is immediately drawn too. The recent addition of the AT Guns was great and of course everything will be better yet when the BT-7 is added in with its extras.

---eagerly anticipating the final--- :D

Me too! haha

Glad you fools still search it out. The BT is so almost there. Still tweaking the rider related code as Teufel tries to optimize the entire package. Lex is being lashed now and then to redo a body part for that special 'umph' or to seal some little crack etc. Keep in mind this will go out as a beta model as we expect the masses to have tweak related commentary for us. The map will go final most likely after the BT release.

Upvote 0
A few things I've noticed that I THINK changed from beta 4 to beta 5.

1.) The tanks for the Russians seem to spawn MUCH slower than previously. I dont' know if this is on purpose, but combined with #2, it seems to detract from some of the "prepared defenses" battles at the 1st and 2nd line.

2.) At least at the 2nd line, the Russians spawn pretty far back now. As I recall, they used to spawn in the bunkers dug into the hillside. Now it seems they spawn a ways back from that, either in or between the town and the bunkers. This makes the run to reinforce the 2nd line a LOT longer.

I haven't had a chance to play the map much, but when I did, it really seemed to rob the 2nd line battles of a lot of their former intensity. I may have just caught a couple of bad spawn waves, but it seems that the slowdown on the tank spawns and the distance on the infantry spawns kind of hurts the flavor of the map.

I'll obviously need to play it a bit more, though. I do love the new ATGs, though.

Upvote 0
Answers inserted below:

A few things I've noticed that I THINK changed from beta 4 to beta 5.

1.) The tanks for the Russians seem to spawn MUCH slower than previously. I dont' know if this is on purpose, but combined with #2, it seems to detract from some of the "prepared defenses" battles at the 1st and 2nd line.
This has never changed.

2.) At least at the 2nd line, the Russians spawn pretty far back now. As I recall, they used to spawn in the bunkers dug into the hillside. Now it seems they spawn a ways back from that, either in or between the town and the bunkers. This makes the run to reinforce the 2nd line a LOT longer.
This has never changed. It just seems those spawns are getting used more often for some reason... I have seen it too, still the same since b1.

I haven't had a chance to play the map much, but when I did, it really seemed to rob the 2nd line battles of a lot of their former intensity. I may have just caught a couple of bad spawn waves, but it seems that the slowdown on the tank spawns and the distance on the infantry spawns kind of hurts the flavor of the map.

I'll obviously need to play it a bit more, though. I do love the new ATGs, though.

Upvote 0
FLANK FLANK FLANK!!!!

~rant~

OMG, rushing headlong at the first line is usually not the best way to go about it. I can join this map, flank over the bridge and get to the first line almost every single time and I usually end up fighting there single handedly for several minutes before I get killed. I Repeat 3 or 4 times, same results and usually I am the only one to make it there because I am the only one flanking!!!!!! I never can seem to convince anyone else to go in the halftrack with me either, so I end up going alone and assaulting alone!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :mad:

~end rant~

:D

Upvote 0
I never can seem to convince anyone else to go in the halftrack with me either, so I end up going alone and assaulting alone!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
it can be worse: you can convince 3-4 comrades to go with you, you all sit at HT, drive to the bridge just to be destroyed by a KV that camps there - and you were yelling to your tankers to destroy this monster for minutes, but - with no result, exept 5 burning german corpses. :)

I hate passive tankers. :(

Upvote 0
Well, that would stink, but at least you would know that route is covered and you gave it a shot.

When you know it is not time after time after time and you are the only one using it .....ugh....just having another guy or two in the halftrack would probably result in the 1st line being capped rather quickly in this case instead of 10 to 15 minutes.

Upvote 0
it can be worse: you can convince 3-4 comrades to go with you, you all sit at HT, drive to the bridge just to be destroyed by a KV that camps there - and you were yelling to your tankers to destroy this monster for minutes, but - with no result, exept 5 burning german corpses. :)

I hate passive tankers. :(

Exactly! Two maps that require aggressive, out-of-the-box thinking German tankers are Berezina and TractorWorks. Passive-tanking kills your team on these maps where mediocre Russian tankers can maul you with little need for tactics or strategy. Predominantly the Germans win because their tank crews pin down the Russians and give them little chance to organzine or intercept the infantry whether in HTs or on foot. Makes a big difference.

Upvote 0
Explain me that! For the Russians in the KVs? Maybe but the Germans? Idiots. Why they stop I have no idea. The Germans should be moving as much as possible to get to off the ridges and support their infantry. Draw the KVs out, flank them, anything but challenge them one-on-one. With AT guns around, it is possible to wipe out nearly every tank and HT that are thrown at you, especially as they come at you one and a time.

Upvote 0
This is because they're lousy tankers, plain and simple. They don't understand the capabilities of their vehicles, they don't understand hull-down tanking, they don't understand combined arms. They probably have never played a game of Steel Panthers. ;)

That and they're used to the WTFOMGBBQ!!!111onez0r!! approach to German tanking which is "Hop in Tiger. Park Tiger. Prepare to pwn." (which is also a lousy way to tank). They're probably also used to more simplistic CA maps like Koenigzplatz (which really is BARELY a CA map) where pretty much you just park and shoot.

The German teams that get their butts kicked do so because they don't get teamwork and combined arms. They don't get that the Squad Leader has to drop arty on the enemy tanks, while friendly tanks move to a covered position and provide support for foot and mechanized infantry, who in turn advance on the position and take it, all timed out so that it happens in a way where the infantry DOESN'T get pasted by the incoming arty.

And my personal favorite? The Pz IV Ds ...er...F1s...that decide to engage other tanks. Again, a basic misunderstanding of the roles of the vehicles.

Upvote 0
The BT7 has a few minor tweaks that need to be taken care of, but I am sure you will see an update about it very soon. All of the tweaks are minor but we do not want to release it until we have them fixed. One of our problems is getting enough time together and test what we have done, but we finally got some time worked out soon where we all can get together and finalize it.

Lex

Upvote 0