• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A sort o' Poll: Why Do You Play?

In games like CS:S, Halo, Battlefield, etc. I would always be the guy that fired the first shot. I like to think tactically in games, always finding a way to flank or get behind a person. Well that gameplay style never payed off in those FPS's, where it takes half a magazine to kill somebody. RO is the only FPS I've played where its more about thinking tactically and not about headshots or bunnyhopping. In RO, the person that fires the first shot wins, and that's why I play.

Upvote 0
Seriously...

I play because, even if this game is not new when it comes to the age of the engin (Not my deciding factor)

But because it is totally new and refreshing in terms of gameplay.
The gameplay is different and have teamwork as a pre-requisit.

(not seriously)
Also I like the different things in life.
I don't drive a Honda, but the Hyundai
I don't have a dog... but a hedgehog...

Its great to enjoy the things that you do not see ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Upvote 0
Started with Red Orchestra because I loved the detail of the weapons in terms of sound, animation and the models itself of course.
I bought Ostfront to see where the game was heading.

I stopped playing because I got bored of it a little and because of the stupid Steam censor thing.
Since that day I swore to myself I will never buy a game over STEAM again. And I kept my oath.

I lurk around the forum from time to time because there are some awesome sigs around. ;)

Kudos to SemperFI-Senova (or something like that)
note: Good day sir, you're pwned!

Upvote 0
RO took a step away from the instant reload, bunny-hopping and Kevlar underwear of other WW2 games that held a focus on run n' gun reflex shooting.
It brought the realism to a level that is enjoyable and playable, and switched the focus from solo play to an emphasis on teamwork.
The RO community is populated by a large percentage of mature people...this is reflected by the fact that immature people tend not to cooperate with others very well.
Also the cheater faction is nonexistant, to the best of my knowlege...that alone puts it above any other game I've played to date.

Upvote 0
Because it's easier than CS.:p
That's another thing I like RO for, although the other way. CS:S is too easy for me and I am tired of owning everyone in it. And no, I'm not bragging here! :cool:

I like a challenge and although I am getting very good with MG, bolts/sniper rifle I still get owned by expert SMGers. It's a paradox really, I want to be the best in every game I play but when I get there it gets boring :p

So keep owning me! I need it! I want to play RO a bit more! :eek:

Upvote 0
A taste of history

A taste of history

Used to be an infantryman in the US Army several years ago. Always liked FPS, but many were unrealistic.
Then,
A few years ago, I stood at the walls of Pavlov's House and on top of Mamaev Kurgan in Volgograd (Stalingrad). It was December, and a fierce storm was blowing snow from across the Volga. Friggin cold. I thought to myself "this must have really s8ck2d! sixty years ago!"
RO is the closest I've ever found to a realistic FPS on the Eastern Front. I loved the small details: the scribblings on the interior walls of the collective farm; the opened (readable) newspaper in the bombed-out office in the Tractor Works. The sense of industrial rot and mud, cold and death that permeates each great map. . .
I was hooked.

Upvote 0