• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis / Team stacking The Thread Reborn

As a side note, I'll say this -- KAS clan hopped on to WOLF's servers a little while back and to their eternal credit, they split up onto two teams when there were 4 or more of them WITHOUT being asked or having ANYONE even mention "God, look at the clanstackers" or anything. I was mightily impressed by that, so kudos to you guys.

There's no fun in winning if you just clanstack.:)

Upvote 0
I got a permban on a server today for intentionally teamkilling the german fanboys. For the second map in a row the germans outnumbered the russian side by 6-8 players, which at the last map (RO-Frontline AssaultB4) where I was permbanned was "down" to 17 to 13 in german favor. The server had a playing admin, on the german side, and for the first 10 minutes of my last map played the russian players, including myself on several times, tried to persuade some of the germans to switch side but to no avail or even a word of caution or any action whatsoever from the admin. The germans had enough players that they could hold the woods just beside the russian spawnzone which of course meant that most didn't make it out of the fence sorrounding the spawnarea. And after 7 minutes of futile spawn-die-spawn-die etc. etc. I lost my temper:mad: ..So after a bad case of poor judgement, most likely caused by too much beer consumption earlier today:eek:, I decided to show the german players another form of bad sportsmanship - So I switched sides and teamkilled two german players and before returning to the russian side I just had to let them know I tk'ed them for their lack of sportsmanship, hypocritical of me I know:eek: but since the admin didn't do anything about the teamstacking they had to get the message across in a more hardfelt way than words could ever bring. So I got permbanned for tk'ing it which is fair enough I guess, annoying but fair since I broke the server rules - just too bad that none of the teamstackers didn't get a ban also...

The morale of this is that having an admin present do not in any way ensure that a fair game will be played nor that the admin can or will do anything about enforcing team balance and not to play while under the influence unless you are looking for a different game experience :).

P.S I sent an e-mail to the server admin apologizing for my bad behaviour and got the permban revoked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have seen it both ways. Sometimes it is Allies, other times it is Axis.

Generally it is most annoying when people on a loosing side switch to the side that is winning when that side already outnumbers the loosing side. :confused: :confused: :confused: Next to that are the new people joining the map round that jump to the more numerous side that happens to be winning. Is this some hidden little self satisfaction that people have inside them that makes them feel better :rolleyes: ?

When I join, I will spectate first to see which team has the fewest players and join them. If even teams, I will look at the objective map and see which team is 'apparently' loosing and try to join that side. I imagine there are quite a few others who do this also (maybe not enough though...)

I give credit to those people who will switch a side to help an outnumbered or loosing team, and as a result, keep the map round more fun and interesting for all to play. I have done it at times also if I notice an imbalance going on for more than a few minutes.

I am with you, surely its about game play and the challenge. If you outnumber the opposition 2:1 and you have the best kit where is the challenge. May as well play an arcade game.

Upvote 0
I got a permban on a server today for intentionally teamkilling the german fanboys. For the second map in a row the germans outnumbered the russian side by 6-8 players, which at the last map (RO-Frontline AssaultB4) where I was permbanned was "down" to 17 to 13 in german favor. The server had a playing admin, on the german side, and for the first 10 minutes of my last map played the russian players, including myself on several times, tried to persuade some of the germans to switch side but to no avail or even a word of caution or any action whatsoever from the admin. The germans had enough players that they could hold the woods just beside the russian spawnzone which of course meant that most didn't make it out of the fence sorrounding the spawnarea. And after 7 minutes of futile spawn-die-spawn-die etc. etc. I lost my temper:mad: ..So after a bad case of poor judgement, most likely caused by too much beer consumption earlier today:eek:, I decided to show the german players another form of bad sportsmanship - So I switched sides and teamkilled two german players and before returning to the russian side I just had to let them know I tk'ed them for their lack of sportsmanship, hypocritical of me I know:eek: but since the admin didn't do anything about the teamstacking they had to get the message across in a more hardfelt way than words could ever bring. So I got permbanned for tk'ing it which is fair enough I guess, annoying but fair since I broke the server rules - just too bad that none of the teamstackers didn't get a ban also...

The morale of this is that having an admin present do not in any way ensure that a fair game will be played nor that the admin can or will do anything about enforcing team balance and not to play while under the influence unless you are looking for a different game experience :).

P.S I sent an e-mail to the server admin apologizing for my bad behaviour and got the permban revoked.

Next time u shold just change to a differnent server.

Upvote 0
Next in our lineup of "there are no German fanbois,"

Shot02200.jpg

Upvote 0
Next in our lineup of "there are no German fanbois,"

Shot02200.jpg
1.: No wonder since the Sovs have no reinforcements... (as mentioned by Crim). People usually start leaving the server by the dozens then and we all know it.

2.: Well what were you and your teammate doing on the German side then? Do I smell a little hypocrisy:rolleyes: ;)

Upvote 0
I have to put up with this same crap. All the time. Team stacking that is. Occaisionally it happens on Allies, but 90% of the time it's Axis that stacks up high. It's a serious enough problem that I'm forced to play as a Russian most of the time because the Axis always seem to have more players.

And there are two particular counter-arguments I get that really piss me off.

One. "Go to another server if it bothers you". Sorry, not going to happen. There are only a few servers here in Aust, and only one will be full or nearly full at any given time, it's unusual for two to be full. So if something on the one server that's populated bothers me. I can either stay there or play on a server with a 200+ ping. It's as simple as that.

Two. "The teams weren't always balanced in war". I don't even know where to start with this. First of all, Red Orchestra is a game. Yes, an unusually realistic one, to be sure. But it is still a game, it's not war. It has rounds and scores and teams and points and whatnot. And forgive me for my ignorance in the event I'm missing something, but as far as I know, balanced numbers on the teams are the standard, the only standard, by which mapmakers balance out the weapons and other factors that could possibly lend one team an unfair advantage. If the simple assumption that on a full server the teams will generally be balanced is not true. Then what happens to balancing?

Say on TulaOutskirts. You could say that it's fair for the Germans to have more players because they're attacking against an entrenched and defending enemy. But in reality that'd send the balancing to hell. Why do you think the Russians only have one MG while the Germans have two? Why do you think it's hard for the Russian infantry inside the bunkers to stablise their weapons on the window ledges without exposing themselves? Why do you think the Germans get a sniper to keep the enemy machinegunner pinned down while the Russians don't? To balance it out.

Upvote 0
That includes me. It's not my obligation to change sides if I was present since the beginning of the round. I'm already commited to a side, I shouldn't have to. It's the newcomers on the server who unbalanced the teams who should even the teams.

Sure do that but then don't have the stomach to type "Teams" in the chat.

It's simple if you are on the side with more people YOU switch team to the underdog FIRST before you even have the right to complain about the teams being uneven.

Upvote 0
Sure do that but then don't have the stomach to type "Teams" in the chat.

It's simple if you are on the side with more people YOU switch team to the underdog FIRST before you even have the right to complain about the teams being uneven.

Hear hear! Don't be an arrogant prick and just change yourself. When I play battlegrounds (mod for HL/HL

Upvote 0
And if you read, the first question has already been answered.

And, um, why should I switch again? I've been in the server for the whole round, I'm on top for points (well, second), and there are plenty of people with little or no points that should switch first.

And Hassun, who says we are arrogant pricks? We are playing better on that team than anyone else, so why should we have to switch? Let the people who came in late/aren't helping the team switch.

Upvote 0
Just an FYI ... I wait until near the end to join a side to see how it's stacking, since I am a noob and respect those who have been playing a while in that server and are committed to a side. If I see it leaning towards one side heavily early in, I'll take the opposite side, and sometimes, towards the end, I'll just let the game select it with that button auto select, I think it is? anyways, I have to agree a bit with the notion that respect is the key.

If after a long day at work, I pile into a server that's been on for sometime, and you guys been playing the same sides for a while (so I suspect may be happening, not sure if there is a way to tell how long someone has been on that server consistantly), I take the side that's left to me, to balance, and the weapon that's left for me to choose.

No big deal.

"There are two states of mind at the end; one of happiness and one of fear, and it is how you lived your life that will determine which." Author, Unknown.

Upvote 0