• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does RO run well on my PC?

PaLi

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2007
Hi

I want to know if...
RO will work well on my PC

:
Nvidia 5200 FX
1.7 GHz
512 RAM

well, I think its enough Info...

I know my PC can run it..
But the question is..
Will RO run well? smooth?
or it will work with 10 fps and I will cant enjoy it..?

thanks.
Omri.

PS:
sorry about the bad english :(

Your graphics card won't help you much because RO is much more cpu intensive and you are lacking there. Your 512MB Ram aren't too hot either. Your main problem is your cpu.

I have a similar system (1.8GHz P4, 512MBRam and a GeForce3Ti) and the game runs rather bad. My frames range from 20 to 25 most of the time and in big maps (mostly maps with tanks) its between 5 and 15 frames.

You should be able to play smaller infantery levels ok but don't expect a really fluid presentation.

Upvote 0
As his cpu is the limiting factor it doesn't matter much what settings he uses. I think he would get exactly the same frames if he sets them to lowest as if he would get when they are set to medium.

Only on the highest settings the rest of his computer is so used that his gfx card has more to do than his cpu and then the game will slow down even more. On lowest to medium to medium-high settings he should get the kind of low framerates I described above.

The only setting that would help him to get a few frames is to lowe the physics detail, because its done by the cpu, but the number frames per second I wrote above are for the lowest physicsdetail.

Upvote 0
nope it sure wont. you will need a upgrade for it to run well but... it might be playable. cant say for sure. with only 512mb of ram it will take a while to load maps. and big servers with alot of players and stuff your frame rate will ****. but on the plus side of things... the game is old enough that it wouldnt cost much to upgrade your computer enough to run it real well.

Upvote 0
Run it in OpenGL mode. It makes choosing a class ingame abit hard (screen is white but not totally white) but the performance increase i got was really really big and it looks the same.

Although:

- Turn off motion blur
- Turn that scope thing to "textured"

and follow the tweak guide on the top. I got RO running smoothly with my FX5500 and my Athlon 3000XP CPU on high/medium settings by doing this. Search for "OpenGL" and look for the "and you thought the graphics in RO was bad" to find out how to switch to OpenGL, it ain't hard.

Upvote 0
I run this game with:

AMD 1.1 ghz
512mb ram
Radeon 9500

All settings on the lowest, and I can run most maps just fine. Complicated maps I can't play, like Danzig or Leys Krovy or most of the custom maps. But Arad, Hedgehog, Odessa, almost all of the original RO maps I can play fine. Orel and BDJ have no problems for me either. I mostly get around 7-15 fps, heh, but I can shoot and kill people.

One small thing that really gets me angry is how soldiers seem to rotate around as they are running. It's a small thing, but for some reason it really gets me angry.

If I can play, you surely can play.

Upvote 0
if you can play COD2 then you can play red orchestra for sure, i was only able to play COD2 with medium settings in DX7(no way i could plas in DX9), and now i run RO with the highest settings and no noticable fps issues, only long loading times, cause when i join a server all the best guns are already taken, but that was the same in COD2...

when you buy it, before ypou play it do this:http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11052 and you will be fine

Upvote 0
Can some one take a screen shot of the game with Low texture and with High textures ?
I want to see...
and in Day of Defeat source i have 20-19 fps also if im alone in a server...
but i think the Source mode is too heavy and thats why it makes so low fps...

DODS- 19 fps,
COD2- 40-60 fps (when looks at the sky- 120)

and i dont think ill buy this game now :(
(some one want to buy it to me and ill give him some thing in exchange..)
damn i dream on RO in the nights :(

Upvote 0