• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

I have:

AMD 64 3200+
6600GT 128MB (500MHz core 640MHz Ram)
Asus A8N-E (nForce4)
2 GB RAM Dual Chanel
160GB IdeHDD 250GB SATA

I have downloaded the demo and I get abolut 3-10 frames per second. Its a Slide Show.

This ****s as I really liked OFP:R on a celeron 433 64MB RAM, 4MB ATI RAGE2 OnBoard Video HP Computer (read: Crap) - I got Ok/playable frame rates. I then got a TNT2 32MB card which improved things significantly. I then upgraded to a Athlon 1800XP,512mb RAM , GF4 ti 64 mb card which ran OFP:R real well.

Armed Assault was to be my next purchase, it came out in Australia in the last couple of weeks. I wont be buying it cuase I wouldn't be able to play it as it stands.

Is there a difference that other ppl have noticed in the frame rate/ performance between the demo and retail versions? Is it just the demo that is crap?

Is there a patch that fixes this?

Do other ppl with a system similar to mine have crap frame rates in the retail version?

Some feedback would be great as OFP"R was my favorite game for a couple of years.

same here, loved OFP to death :eek: Armed Assault's demo ran crap for me, with everything on its lowest settings, on the same rig i play the full version on right now.
right now, i have some stuff on high, others to low ( shadows etc ) and i get playable framerates, except in big tankbattles where rpg's are flying around etc.
the fact that i got it even though the demo didnt run well was that i just couldnt wait, because old OFP rocked my socks:p

Upvote 0
It is just flashpoint with better graphics, and not as fun or groundbreaking as flashpoint was. Sounds are very underwhelming.

OK lined up a bunch of guys cause i wanted to play with its penetration. With a US sniper rifle I gave the first one shot in the chest, he dies but no one else, SO I tried it with a static .50 nope no penetration. I ttied it with an M249, only thing I found out there is that I dont need Iron sights, barrel changes, trigger control or anything, Just hold the trigger down and use the tracer, like spraying a garden hose reload til you run out of ammo. 50 .50 cal shots through the windshields of a UAZ do nothing to the occupants in the way, yet cause the vehicle to suddenly turn black and catch on fire. M203 rounds dont burst, smoke or anything, occasionally you see a flash of a crappy Flashpoint explosion. No Ragdolls. How can any game in this modern time not have ragdolls? Bullets ricochet off the ground but do not do anything to people. I have not tried to blow up a building but I am sure its going to be flashpoints crumpled cube effect. Taking a t72 and firing into a parked from the side UH6 did not kill the pilot. In flashpoint sometimes I would shoot as far as I could to watch the flash then seconds later hear the explosion. Here I am sure the shots are landing instantly, and the sounds, well, the little neighbor kid across the street holds a more believable war after school everyday. Oh the flying point nose up for throttle and point nose down for less throttle is beyond arcade. This game ****s I am mad I wasted 50€ on it.

You realism nazis want to turn RO into this???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is just flashpoint with better graphics, and not as fun or groundbreaking as flashpoint was. Sounds are very underwhelming.

OK lined up a bunch of guys cause i wanted to play with its penetration. With a US sniper rifle I gave the first one shot in the chest, he dies but no one else, SO I tried it with a static .50 nope no penetration. I ttied it with an M249, only thing I found out there is that I dont need Iron sights, barrel changes, trigger control or anything, Just hold the trigger down and use the tracer, like spraying a garden hose reload til you run out of ammo. 50 .50 cal shots through the windshields of a UAZ do nothing to the occupants in the way, yet cause the vehicle to suddenly turn black and catch on fire. M203 rounds dont burst, smoke or anything, occasionally you see a flash of a crappy Flashpoint explosion. No Ragdolls. How can any game in this modern time not have ragdolls? Bullets ricochet off the ground but do not do anything to people. I have not tried to blow up a building but I am sure its going to be flashpoints crumpled cube effect. Taking a t72 and firing into a parked from the side UH6 did not kill the pilot. In flashpoint sometimes I would shoot as far as I could to watch the flash then seconds later hear the explosion. Here I am sure the shots are landing instantly, and the sounds, well, the little neighbor kid across the street holds a more believable war after school everyday. Oh the flying point nose up for throttle and point nose down for less throttle is beyond arcade. This game ****s I am mad I wasted 50

Upvote 0
Piloting a helicopter and dropping a team into a hot-spot is pretty serious business for a video game, especially online !

I've got a love/hate relationship with this game.
I love the helicopters, hate the tanks.

It can only get better !

Slashbot_472....
I reckon you should be able to run it, not as it should, but enough to get pleasure.

For anybody in Europe, I bought it on-line for 28

Upvote 0
Piloting a helicopter and dropping a team into a hot-spot is pretty serious business for a video game, especially online !

I've got a love/hate relationship with this game.
I love the helicopters, hate the tanks.

It can only get better !

Slashbot_472....
I reckon you should be able to run it, not as it should, but enough to get pleasure.

For anybody in Europe, I bought it on-line for 28 €s at Play.com

:cool:
Don't listen to him slashbot, it might run for you but playable doesn't mean having 10fps. The fact is ArmA is really heavy on the shader use, and a 6600GT just doesn't cut it, I had a 6800GT and the game barely ran well enough to shoot ok with most things low (and terrain very low to get no grass), but aiming was fubar with mouse lag and bad fps. Also you joina server and guess what, grass is forced, so you are screwed. Just recently got an x1950 Pro and now I can run it with everything on normal and actually have grass and shadows on, you can really feel the difference with the more numerous shader units of the x1950.

I'd say you either need to upgrade or not get it at all.

Upvote 0
one thing makes me wonder though, wich is the camo.
BLUFOR allways have a desert camo, even in woodland area's and the OPFOR allways have a woodland camo, even if they're in the desert!
what's up with that? BIS got to lazy to add in another set of camo skins?
If there was an OPFOR campaign allready i would have no trouble spotting the BLUFOR team in a woodland area, just as easy as i pick up the OPFOR now in a desert area :eek:

Upvote 0
EYE CANDY

armaco-warthog_1_3426.jpg

The A10 is going to be realeased with the american release on May the 1th everybody else is going to have it via patch same day probably

Upvote 0
Please guys the demo is not nearly as optimised as the full game.

I can play the full game with my :

6600LE nvidia card
2.66 processor (not duo)
Less than 1gig of RAM

With most of the settings on low or lowest but it still looks beautiful!

(tip: get rid of shadows,and dont go to "very low" on the textures, thats when it starts to get ugly. Just play about for around 10 mins with the settings till you can get it to play smooth.)

Upvote 0