• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation M1937 Anti-tank Gun Video/Screens

The ROF is based on the same considerations that the game takes for tanks. It assumes a manned crew for firing. Just like a tank turret.

For the two player version, I am playing with different reloading rates based on the number of players using the gun. Obviously, the historical rate for two players and a slower rate for one.

We've cleaned up all the outstanding issues with the at-gun minus two. The larger of the two should be done tonight. Then I need to focus on completing our other work in progress. After that I will go back and finish the two player version of the at-gun.
But what would the second player actually do, just sit there? I mean, I assume the cmdr/gunner aims and fires? Or is there a commander/spotter slot with binocs and a gunner slot?

Upvote 0
But what would the second player actually do, just sit there? I mean, I assume the cmdr/gunner aims and fires? Or is there a commander/spotter slot with binocs and a gunner slot?

Yes. We have talked about a slightly increased RoF with two players. The gunner would be locked into the sight position, the second player would have binos and be able to wheel from crouch to stand etc. and spot for the gunner in addition to increasing RoF just a bit. This would be more practical on larger maps with the upcoming larger guns...pak43, Russian 76mm etc.

Upvote 0
45mm is done. Just sitting on it for release materials. Maybe this week.

The M42...could be possible. Would only take a new model and altered ballistics numbers for increased velocity. We were thinking more going for the 76mm though or the 57mm for mid to late-war maps. The 45mm was mostly out of production by late '42. I saw the production numbers somewhere, maybe on the RKKA site. Honestly they don't much time now once the model is done, more tweaking probably than actual work.

Upvote 0
I know this is probably too late to change but would it be possible to not have the gun catch fire when destroyed? I just noticed this and have to say there's nothing to really catch fire. This would also decrease the performance hit from them. Just a thought if it's not too late. :)

Working on/considering the options. You are correct and it has been discussed. Extending the vehicle code, we sort of just went with other priorities on the gun first and now the BT7 is getting all the attention. Can't promise it will be changed as we were looking to release a final very soon.

Upvote 0
I know this is probably too late to change but would it be possible to not have the gun catch fire when destroyed? I just noticed this and have to say there's nothing to really catch fire. This would also decrease the performance hit from them. Just a thought if it's not too late. :)

I'm working on different effects for the base AT-Gun code now. No fire and just a little smoke. I added this to the list and another item we talked about long ago at the very beginning. At that time I laughed at Slyk because I did not think it could be done, but I've learned a lot over the last few months.

Upvote 0
Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you, guys, very much for this awesome addition to the game. It's funny, but "big guns" like this 45 mm was something that I had requested long time ago, right after playing the game for the first time. I remember many people have got angry and called me immature back then... :)

Question: can you, guys, use the same code as a sample to model stationary machine guns? "Maxim" would be a cool start... *drooling* :D

Upvote 0
Lots of things can be done. Any fixed weapon, machine gun, mortar, AT gun etc. We had a lot of this stuff done in CoD:UO and can port those over to RO given enough time. Expect the 45mm, pak40, pak43 (Darkest Hour), 76mm and possibly more. Lex has a maxim done from UO that we never put into the game and he had a medium mortar that was a lot of fun. It is all a matter of time and resouces as there are a lot of projects going on at once. The ROGuns code is being tweakend and enhanced with some really cool features as well and we hope to release it soon...as soon as we square away a couple other issues.

Upvote 0
If the Maxim were introduced, it would be a stationary weapon, just like an AT gun. To make it 'move' someone would have to create new player animations to pull the carts they were mounted on etc. Lex may have even posted screenshots around here of his model. It would be an option for mappers and they could use the 'random' spawn code which is part of the ROGuns config to further enhance the dynamic elements of their map.

Upvote 0
If the Maxim were introduced, it would be a stationary weapon, just like an AT gun. To make it 'move' someone would have to create new player animations to pull the carts they were mounted on etc. Lex may have even posted screenshots around here of his model. It would be an option for mappers and they could use the 'random' spawn code which is part of the ROGuns config to further enhance the dynamic elements of their map.

Once you get a 'pull'/'push' animation though, you could just slap it on anything remotely the same..

I guess you could fudge it by using the empty handed slow crouch-walk animation.. it wouldn't look 100%, but I could over-look it looking a bit funny :]

Upvote 0
Cross-post from the "Community Gun/Vehicle" thread in /Level Design (Special thanks to "Jakl" at AHz for the artwork):

45mm_datasheet.jpg

BT7_datasheet.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0