• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My two cents- Red Orchestra

panzermk4

Apr 20, 2006
Tripwire is deserving of all the credit in the world. From the first version of their mod to product release they've never compromised the quality, outstanding work that makes their product unique and very enjoyable. Their break into the Gaming Industry is refreshing to say the least. With a stale industry of half-hearted games they have really set the bar for shooters and games in general. In my opinion I have not seen quality in a game like in RO in quite some time. I was pleased to play it's time as a mod, and I was pleased to buy it as a finished product. I'm glad your dreams and ideas with this thing were realized. I wish you all the best of luck with future endeavors and fine tuning of your great game.

Hellz yea... you take ALL the other WW2 first person shooters out there... medal of honor... call of duty...day of defeat...battlefield 1942 and etc... and.. while only one of these games is close to realistic (DoD, NOT the source version) none of them come close to the realism and sense of war that RO puts out... and RO, which started out as a MOD FOR A GAME, accomplished what big time companies EA, Activision couldnt do... and thats make a WW2 first person shooter! this is how war games should be and feel.. not guys running around at 15 miles per hour jumpping like rabbits with little to no recoil and a crosshair...

good job to Tripwire and I hope you guys throw in some goodies in patches for the future... and i hope in the future i can look on the shelf and see a modern combat done in the exact same fashion as RO has been done in -- all the people that play AA and think its big time realistic, havnt seen anything yet

Upvote 0
Tripwire is deserving of all the credit in the world. From the first version of their mod to product release they've never compromised the quality, outstanding work that makes their product unique and very enjoyable. Their break into the Gaming Industry is refreshing to say the least. With a stale industry of half-hearted games they have really set the bar for shooters and games in general. In my opinion I have not seen quality in a game like in RO in quite some time. I was pleased to play it's time as a mod, and I was pleased to buy it as a finished product. I'm glad your dreams and ideas with this thing were realized. I wish you all the best of luck with future endeavors and fine tuning of your great game.
Very well said panzermk4. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Upvote 0
No one ever mentions Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood(the sequel, I said this over original because AI in original was pathetic, there really was none, the enemies jsut sat their, in sequal they acutally move at least.) That is a great game too, and yes it does have multplayer. You acutally control a squad, even in multyplayer. However I think this provides the best multyplayer experience of any WWII game ive played.

Upvote 0
Brilliantly said sir.

Upvote 0
No one ever mentions Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood(the sequel, I said this over original because AI in original was pathetic, there really was none, the enemies jsut sat their, in sequal they acutally move at least.) That is a great game too, and yes it does have multplayer. You acutally control a squad, even in multyplayer. However I think this provides the best multyplayer experience of any WWII game ive played.

agreed. BiA isnt one shot one kill like RO is, but if it was it couldnt capture the feeling of a big firefight, with people going in and out of cover to take potshots or a suppressing fire etc. but it isnt run and gun either, and it sets a good atmosphere IMO.
People who complain about not being able to snipe people from behind cover when they are sitting down, i can see your point in one way but i dont want it any other way either. Because the way it is now, it promotes people to use the flanking tactics, wich would otherwise end up in a snipefest, wich would result in people complaining that the game is too easy etc etc.

Upvote 0
Hellz yea... you take ALL the other WW2 first person shooters out there... medal of honor... call of duty...day of defeat...battlefield 1942 and etc... and.. while only one of these games is close to realistic (DoD, NOT the source version) none of them come close to the realism and sense of war that RO puts out...
You forgot FH(forgotten hope ;a bf1942 mod) and hopefully Fh2 will be out this summer :( )

Upvote 0

I do completely agree!! I almost play it dayly and i still enjoy it!!!!

Upvote 0
I am actually quite upset with Tripwire. They are somewhat responsible for countless sleepless nights. :p
Apart from that I would like to say, that RO is a game I constantly return to. I might get tired of some games from time to time, uninstalling and installing all over again 14 days later. I always seem to return to RO, whereas all other games grow boring over time.

Upvote 0