• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day of Defeat: Source vs Red Orchestra

DoD:S has way better physics than RO, because its Source. You're talking more about weapon handling. I agree DoD:S's weapon handling ****s, it assumes every player in the game has the arms of a 5 year old girl. RO is much, much better and more realistic in weapon handling. DoD:S might have the dominant and superior physics engine, but I have yet to see a game other than HL2 use the physics to impact the gameplay.

Lol, so what you're saying is that, despite a better engine, the devs decided not to make use of the superior physics they had at their disposal. Therefore, RO:O has better physics. :D

Upvote 0
The latest update to DoD:S causes it to run very poorly. The game used to run butter smooth when it first came out. I run an Athlon64 3200+ s754 system (2200mhz) with 1gb of RAM and a Geforce 6800GT. I used to be able to run everything at maxed settings at 1280x1024 with 4x FSAA and 8x AF enabled and still get 40-70fps, even in 20+ player games. Now I have to drop down to 2x FSAA and Medium models just for it to be somewhat playable, and even then it's 20-50fps now. It runs like arse.

And I just reformatted too. =/

Upvote 0
DoDS is for people who love the western front and look over great games because it has no americans. Hillbillies basically (not the ones who joined the RO community)also the lack of compentence of some of the players are insane. its not really a fun game unless you like a lot of run and gunners and getting owned. the lack of ironsites made me sad because that game had so much potental. what i'm saying is if DoDS was more like RO and was release earlier, i think we all would probaby play the RO mod for DoDS more than the RO retail. back to the real world. i'll sum this up in one sentence. RO owns DoDS.
(not the DoD mod:D )

Upvote 0
also the lack of compentence of some of the players are insane. its not really a fun game unless you like a lot of run and gunners and getting owned. the lack of ironsites made me sad because that game had so much potental.
DODS is easy as pie for me. Any baboon with a mouse + a working left click button on it can easily get kills. The game is CASUAL to the extreme. I know the source engine is almost certainly capable of providing a realistic game but unfortunately that's not the path DODS makers chose. Almost a complete waste of GOOD technology IMO. But then again most FPS aren't made for serious gamers so no surprises really.

Upvote 0
DoD was great but RO has overtaken it in nearly every category. It might look pretty now but its got a bland feeling to it. And war has never looked so colourful - I miss the grit of the older versions. And worst of all thats all that DoD:S will ever amount to. RO is simply a better experience. One other thing that pissed me off was when DoD:S capped the server player limits to 32. In the early release one could play on 64 player servers and it was an awesome experience. This is something I'd definately love to see happen in an ineration of RO one day.

Upvote 0
That video is making me miss playing. Its surprising that DoDS doesnt have any "realism" mods out there (at least not one I am aware of). I'd certainly love to play a more realistic version of DoDS. Maybe another mod?

The only modification I found worthwhile for DoDS was deleting it from my hard drive. That improved everything. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0