• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TrackIR Support?

I would like to see this in game. As mentioned previously i would see were it would come in handy. While having a deployed MG and u can move ur head around instead of having to put up ur bi-pod and then look around. Food for thought, couldnt the devs do that now with the lean keys>?
Also while sniping or hiding u can move ur head around without moving ur body. In tanks u could do away with the whole little HUD system and actually have to look at the controls in the tank.

I love my TrackIR use it in IL2, MFS... If u flight sim, it is a must. Either way this would take way to much time and im sure (and hope) the devs are working on other things to improve the game, other than this.

Upvote 0
It won't be included. You need to do your game like OFP/ArmA for starters, where your first person view of your weapon is actually the third person model. It's the only way to have true full-body awareness as well as an acurate representation of where your body parts really are in relation to the world. You could of course try to emulate is with a whole lot of additional modelling for first person view but apart from the increased resources required to render it and time to model/texture it, what you see still wouldn't be synched with your 3rd person representation in the game world, leading to cries of "WTF? My shoulder was totally not visible, I'm looking at it now and it's in cover!" Yes, it's nice to have, but it just won't work with the way most games are made currently.

Personally I'd love to see a few more companies go down the path BIS did with the whole third person model being all you see (but some better animations would be nice) as it makes a huge difference to immersion.

Upvote 0