• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG suggestion

Well, the thing is, in the game currently, a rifle rested on a surface is far easier to aim than an MG rested on its bipod... the rifle has a much slower and smoother aiming movement.

The MGs on the other hand seem to have the same precision as a rifle being aimed without support, even though they're rested on bipods.

The MGs bipod deployed aiming should be the same as that of a rifle/smg surface supported aiming.

Upvote 0
At what range is the SMG firing at? Even at 200 meters a SMG can kill. MG's need to engage at 200+ meters and are really great when you can interdict at say 300 to 500 meters when the enemy doesnt even know he is in danger. If you expect return fire on your position at less than 200 meters you need to have a rifle man with you to protect your front and flanks.

Upvote 0
With a little practice I think you will find that MGs are absolutely the most powerful weapons in the game (as they should be). If you're doing your job as a MGer and the other team isnt playing well you should be at the top of the scorboard if they are continually running into your killzone.

EDIT: with the DP-28 I have had no trouble making mincemeat of rifleman trying to kill me. Less so with the mg42, but still, if you are the propper distance from your targets then your volume of aimed fire will probably kill them before they can get off a well aimed shot. At realistic distances I've found that rifleman have alot of trouble taking out an MGer.

Upvote 0
Well, the thing is, in the game currently, a rifle rested on a surface is far easier to aim than an MG rested on its bipod... the rifle has a much slower and smoother aiming movement.

The MGs on the other hand seem to have the same precision as a rifle being aimed without support, even though they're rested on bipods.

The MGs bipod deployed aiming should be the same as that of a rifle/smg surface supported aiming.

My point exactly. I myself have killed MGs over 200 meters with a russian PPS-43 while the MG was shooting @ me.

Upvote 0
At what range is the SMG firing at? Even at 200 meters a SMG can kill. MG's need to engage at 200+ meters and are really great when you can interdict at say 300 to 500 meters when the enemy doesnt even know he is in danger. If you expect return fire on your position at less than 200 meters you need to have a rifle man with you to protect your front and flanks.

200m equates to some 12000uu

To put it in to perspective, that is like firing from the back of the Siegessaule on Konigsplatz to the side of the Moltke Monument capzone closest to the Soviet spawn. It could also be the distance from the Second Line to the First Line on Berezina.

500m is equivalent to twice the size of Danzig.

Show me a place where MGs can comfortably engage with accuracy at 300-500m.

Upvote 0
200m equates to some 12000uu

To put it in to perspective, that is like firing from the back of the Siegessaule on Konigsplatz to the side of the Moltke Monument capzone closest to the Soviet spawn. It could also be the distance from the Second Line to the First Line on Berezina.

500m is equivalent to twice the size of Danzig.

Show me a place where MGs can comfortably engage with accuracy at 300-500m.

Danzig is intentionally MG unfriendly in some areas (given the massacer know as the mod), however the ranges for deployment seem shorter in ROO (it might be the recoil).

You wouldnt happen to know the approximate range from the 88's outside Town Hall Square to the right side (top of the hill) of the first bridge head square on gorlitz would you? That seems like optimal MG range to me.

Upvote 0
As long as the sight bug is not there on the DP and 42, they are amongst the most lethal weapons in the game. The trick is short as possible bursts. The 34 is Lethal I can control almost how many shots I want to fire from burst. Plus single shot I have sniped weeny snipers many times with this. The other night on zhitomir was actually the first time I ever saw suppresion work. There was a russky in the churchyard. Me and another dude already snuck in the church. I saw this russky hide so I send a burst his way. He ducks into cover then I single shot. Bam.bam.bam.bam.bam.bam.bam.bam. my buddy runs up. everytime I see this russky move I send a 3 round burst for the tracr effect over his cover then go back to single fire. This poor kid is hiding in his hole crapping himself because he does not move as my buddy pops up I send on last burst over the russky and my buddy stabs him. rofl.

Upvote 0
And do people ony use the MG34 for its single shot? Thats even more crazy.
Like the previous poster said, it's stupidly accurate and there are no tracers. On a map like Koenigsplatz or S.Kessel I have scored, several times mind you, up to 60 - 80 kills in ONE round with the MG34 and on a couple occations I didn't even die once. My favourite spot on S.Kessel is on top of the warehouse where russian riflemen/snipers often lie and shoot the russians as they come towards sniper alley. One shot hits most of the time, if not you can pop off one more quickly and still noone knows where you are.

It's just as effective on Kaukasus for example, just amazing shooting pixel-sized heads as they stand on the monestary walls. It's every bit as accurate as the semi-autos only with less recoil ;)

Upvote 0