• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best War for UE3 Game?

Best War for UE3 Game?

• Russian Civil War

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Spanish Civil War

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Eastern Front (RO 2)

Votes: 122 55.7%
  • Chinese Civil War

• Korean War

Votes: 33 15.1%
  • Algerian War of Independence

• Arab-Israeli conflict

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Iran-Iraq War

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Soviet war in Afghanistan

Votes: 23 10.5%

• Total voters
Why not? It allows for interesting gameplay mechanics.
Because many people could potentially be offended and it could degenerate into a pro whoever piece of propaganda. Vietnam could also provide similar potential for game play with similar style gorilla warfare, plus we have the benefit of hindsight with Vietnam rather than with a current conflict.

Upvote 0
just give us a game with all weapons, soldiers and tanks of 1914 to 1970!

you want a ww1 game? make a ww1 map and add ww1 stuff
you want soviet vs afgan? make a afgan map and add what is needed
you want stalingrad battle? make a stalingrad map and add german+russians equipment and soldiers of that time...

THAT would be tha best game ever!

Upvote 0
I'm tellin' ya - cowboys and indians. The Wild Wild West.

...and dont start with the 'Tomahawk spam' bit, they really did use them like that >_>

you could have the US Army, the Mexican Army, run of the mill desperados, the Bad, the Ugly, various Native tribes, Django, cowboys/settlers, Shane... the list goes on.

Battle of the Alamo. :D But still arent indians abit underpowered?

Upvote 0
Because many people could potentially be offended and it could degenerate into a pro whoever piece of propaganda. Vietnam could also provide similar potential for game play with similar style gorilla warfare, plus we have the benefit of hindsight with Vietnam rather than with a current conflict.

It's Tripwire! They wouldn't turn it into propaganda. And the VC didn't use IEDs.

Upvote 0
Battle of the Alamo. :D But still arent indians abit underpowered?

The Alamo was vs. the Mexicans.

The Indians (at least at Little Big Horn) were better equipped than the cavalry. The traditional notion of "bows and arrows and tomahawks" turned out to be BS. The Indians had Henry repeating rifles while the cavalry had breech-loading single-shot carbines.

To put it in RO terms: Indians had SVT-40s. Cavalry had PTRDs with smaller ammo.

Upvote 0
Personally I think a WW2 western front game on this engine and with RO's realism and gameplay would really kick ass. Although the western front has been almost played out by games like Call of Duty and Metal of Honor, I still think it would prove to be exciting if they did their spin on it.

As far as the list goes I think the israeli/arab conflict would be exciting. I don't really know that much on the subject, but I know it's been one of the more major modern conflicts. Plus RO's spin on modern weaponry and more modern urban warfare tactics could prove to be awesome IMO :]

Upvote 0
We're talking about which game would suit the engine, not which game would we like them to make, right?

If UE3 is anything like UE2.5 with more polys, more shaders and other mostly cosmetical stuff (and that's what I expect), the devs would be wise to choose a scenario that is fun to play with limited player count and limited map sizes... so not exactly WW2 eastern front.

Upvote 0
To put it in RO terms: Indians had SVT-40s. Cavalry had PTRDs with smaller ammo.

yeeeeah, and they were better horsemen, they knew the land better, not to mention they were fearless!

...of course, just cough in their direction and you've taken out a whole tribe, but hey.. 'guyz, want some blanketz?'

we could get Will Smith to do the theme song

I was thinking Kool Moe Dee.

Upvote 0