• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Take a break! No?

I'm a back and forth person. I'll pick up one game, play the hell out of it, then get bored of it and go back to something else that is on my 'always installed' list (like RO). Right now I'm working through CoD and CoD:UO (never played them the first time around, picked them up off steam) and when that's done I'll probably play something with some lasers and pew-pew or swords and sticks, then go back to RO. It keeps the game from getting stale. That, and now that it's FINALLY starting to warm up a bit (though we could still get a cold snap or two) I'll be outside more than at my computer when I'm not at work. Rad.

Upvote 0
I played it loads in the beginning sometimes 2-3 hours a day but it was really beginning to affect my life, it was like crack cocaine or sometin (not that i've ever taken cocaine) so i practically stopped playing, now i might play for an hour every 2 weeks or so more so when an update comes out. Hanging out with buddies, going out, or even watching a movie is so much more constructive at least you can bring the movie up in a conversation without sounding like someone...... well you get the picture.

Upvote 0
I usually play on 2-3 nights a week, so I haven't had a long pause from ROOST since I bought it last May. A fortnight, max.

I've noticed that it takes a shorter time to get back to my "1337ness" in ROOST than it did in BF2, where I was a real killer until my Christmas pause. ;) Now I haven't touched BF2 in, wow, over a year at least!

Or CS.

Or DoD.

If I went back to CS or DoD I'd probably try to peek past the crosshairs "hindering my vision". ;)

When I'm in the mood for war, it's always ROOST nowadays. Take that, Tripwire! ;)

Upvote 0
RO bored me to death on publics after the first 3.0 release (change of cap system together with that the ut2k4 patch to go with it destroyed the voip system).

So since then i only play in clan setting.

Basically if you dont play for a long time like a month. You can get back to normal with 2 or 3 days if you really practice what you want in that time. The experience youll never loose. All you loose is your reflexes.

Upvote 0